Advanced Parole application

EBEB

I am waiting for I-485 approval but I need to travel abroad for the compay. I need advice regarding Advanced Parole application:

1) What documents need to be included in the application? What is the official form that I have to complete and submit to INS? Or, I have to complete and submit more than one aplication forms?
2) I am in Cleveland area. Do I have to mail in the application or I have to go there in person?
3) Usually how long it will take for INS to process the application? Is there anyway to speed it up? I need to make the trip urgently.
4) The requirements on the requested photoes are identical to those photoes for I-140/I-485?
5) Do you think we could handle the application all on ourselved? It is rather expensive if we need to have an attorney to repersent the application.
6) Do I lose H-1 status if I travel by A/P?

Thanks much for any advices you might provide!!

could anyone advise?

anyone out there: could you please advise if you can>? Thanks much!

Form 131 and 765

You cannot just apply for AP, even though you are a 485 applicant. You have to apply for EAD and then you are qualified to have AP. However, applying for EAD based on an 485 application menas giving up your H status. It is a personal preferrence. I applied for EAD and AP on my own. You need the 485 receipt as proof. Go to the INS website and either download the forms 765 (EAD) and 131 (AP) or request them through mail. The instructions are straight forward, just follow them. You will need ablue card (signature card) for teh 765 which you can only get through mail.

H1 Status

So you loose your H1-B status if you have EAD?
I already have my EAD and I sent my passport for H1-b stamp just a few days ago...My lawyer said it was ok..I don\'t know what my lawyer was thinking..the reason i sent my PP is cause i am planning to travel in Feb 2002..
shit.. should have consulted this board before sending my PP..