Advance Parole

RajeshJ

Registered Users (C)
Did any of you receive AP recently?

How long is it taking?

I may have to travel in 1st week of Oct...Is there a way to expedite? What is the procedure?

Can I drive down to the Albany office and get it the same day?

u are Late....

for me it took around 45 days... but it can streach upto 60 days....
Applied JULY 17 and Got approved this week..Still to receive notice.

so, don't waste any time & APPLYYYYYYYYYYy

I just noticed that the 8/15 report of VSC was showing 6/26 as the date of processing, while 9/1 report is showing 8/25...(A jump of 60 days within 2 weeks....I wish they were processing 485s at that rate...then we wouldn't have to file for EADs and APs...I guess BCIS wants to use this route to make more money!!!!)

Does that mean that I can expect the approval within a week???

"I just noticed that the 8/15 report of VSC was showing 6/26 as the date of processing, while 9/1 report is showing 8/25..."

I think this maybe a typo, actually 7/25, otherwise why my 7/31/03 AP still waiting, anyone else in the same boat?

Originally posted by jxq
I think this maybe a typo, actually 7/25, otherwise why my 7/31/03 AP still waiting, anyone else in the same boat?

munnabhai02's case shows that you cannot use logic with BCIS; the 8/15 report showed 6/26, but munnabhai02's May case is still pending.

Rajeshj:
I called BCIS sometimes in 1st week of August 2003 (Don't remember the exact date) regarding my Ap as I was planning to travel for 10 days. It was kind of urgent to travel.
BCIS told me that wait for 90 days more and check back inspite of telling them the processing times shows otherwise and a lot of July filers (AP) are being approved.
No concrete answer. No output. Simply nonsense and in nutshell pain in the rear end.
I guess I should apply for my 3rd EAD now (expiry feb 1st week 2004). Never know I may not be able to work, the way BCIS is behaving and taking so long for approving applications.

Hi,
My RD for AP is 03/31/2003, and it was finally approved on 09/04/2003 after my attorney sent an inquiry to VSC on 09/03/2003.
Good luck.