Advance Parole

A Optimist

Registered Users (C)
Latest NSC processing times indicate that processing time for advance parole is 19th Feb,03. My RD for AP is 9th Jan,03 and i am still awaiting my approval.. Is there anybody else who is in same boat?

You’re better off than me. My AP petition was received on 12/4/02. Still pending.
Rgds,
sadiq

My RD for AP is November 1st 2002!!! More than 6 months now!
What you will say this? You guys are far better than me! Don't regret, just hand on there.

This is really strange and confusing.....While NSC has been claiming that they are processing AP cases filed in Feb,03. Today my online message for AP processing time changed from 295 - 320 days to 320-355 days.
MAY GOD SAVE US FROM THESE BLUFF MASTERS !!!!!!!

Please Adivce

My wife is working on EAD but her H4 is valid. She will be going next week to India. She has not yet received her AP. If she stops working now can she enter on her valid H$ visa or even she does not leave her job, she can still enter on H4.

Your response to this will be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

andy2000

Well she can't enter US on H-4 as she has already used the EAD, that means she is no longer on H-4, so she has to show the advance parole if she wants to come back the US otherwise she better not try to come back and bear the pain of being sent back

Hope this helps..,

Thanks..,
Pchandr

andy2000

Well she can't enter US on H-4 as she has already used the EAD, that means she is no longer on H-4, so she has to show the advance parole if she wants to come back the US otherwise she better not try to come back and bear the pain of being sent back

Hope this helps..,

Thanks..,
Pchandr

What reason should we mention when applying for advance parole ? The BCIS web-site requires the following :

An explanation or other evidence demonstrating the circumstances that warrant issuance of Advance Parole.

Looks like they are looking for some serious reasons.. just saying 'Visiting India to meet parents..' may not do..

What reason did you guys give ? Also, should this be included in the covering letter or on a seperate sheet ?
Please give some suggestions..

Thanks in advance.

GC4ME_02,

What makes you think that meeting one's parents is not a serious reason??:p :p

Seriously, even a vacation plan is a serious enough reason to request an advance parole (more than one vacation is even better, you can apply for a multiple advance parole). Congress did not intend for us folks to suspend our lives while INS did whatever it did with all those pending AOS applications. Enter AP, your visa in lieu of a visa that enables you to enter the US back should your wanderlust entice you beyond the borders of Uncle Sam's territory.

You will be fine if you mention that you plan to travel to see your parents, or take a vacation outside the country (as long as you stay away from Afghanistan of-course), or practically anything else that you would normally do if you had already had your permanent residency granted. If you are willing to spend serious cash, as any of these endeavors would doubtless involve, there is no reason for anybody to think your pursuit is trivial!!:D :D

I worte the following paragraph on separate sheet and It worked !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Addendum for Form I-131

Addendum to I-131, Part 7, Advance Parole

As the majority of my family still resides in India, I would like to have the flexibility of having an already approved Advance Parole document in the event that I must return to India suddenly due to a family emergency or illness. A copy of my I-485 receipt is furnished with this form.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your response, guys..

raj.. i guess u are the lucky one so far.. AP applied in Mar and approved in May.. Others have been waiting for 5-6 months..!!

I need to visit India in Oct.. getting my approval by then seems to be a distant dream... mine is SEP '01 RD.. RFE response received by INS in April...

My question is : those bastards at NSC are not doing 485 approvals, neither are they giving advance parole, ..
Then what the $#@# are they doing ??

Is there no accountability at all ???? $#@$#@$#@..!!!!!!

aaaarrrrgggghhhhh.........

GC4ME_02,
Could u please let me know whether RFE you refered is for AP or I-485. Could u share details of RFE?

Thanks