Advance Parole !!!

books12345

Registered Users (C)
My spouse who is a U.S. Citizen has applied for my AOS in July 2007.
I have completed the Finger Printings and have also received my EAD and Advance Parole.
When I try to look-up the Case Status for I-485 & I-130 on USCIS website, I get a message saying 'The case status could not be found', (I have received the notices that the case is received and is pending in September 2007).

Even though, I have my EAD card, I am not using it and maintaining my H1B status (but I do not have a H1B stamp on my passport, since I have never traveled outside U.S. from the time I first entered on a student Visa).

After graduating, I worked on OPT for almost a year and then on H1Bs.
I have changed appox. 3-4 employers while on H1B and hence everytime I transfered my H1B, I received new approval notice along with new I-94 card.

Recently, I took a transfer to a different division within the same company I work for (my current H1B holder) and they had to apply for my H1B Amendment in Oct. 2007 (whose approval is still pending). This was filed after I had received my EAD and Advance Parole since I wanted to maintain my H1B status and my employer was willing to spend for it.

Now, I am planning to Travel outside U.S. in December using my Advance Parole (Advance Parole, since H1B stamping dates are not available at the time of my travel.

Questions:
How safe is it to return back on Advance Parole? Anyone had any issues in past (even if you know someone or have heard about someone who had any problems getting back using Advance Parole)?

Is it advisable to travel outside U.S. using Advance Parole even though my H1B amendment is pending (I am not going to seek for H1B visa stamp)?

Is it advisable to travel outside U.S. using Advance Parole even though my I-485 & I-130 case status could not be found online on USCIS website (I have received the notices saying the case is received and pending)?

Which I-94 should I be submitting while leaving U.S. (as I have multiple I-94)?

Now when I return, will the immigration Officer (at the port of entry) object for me not submitting my H1B Amendment I-94 card or leaving U.S. without receiving H1B Amendment Approval? I do not expect to receive it before my travel dates.

What sort of formailities I will need to complete at the port of entry?

What questions/check I can expect from the immigration officer at the port of entry?

What all documents should I be carrying along with me in addition to Advance Parole and AOS notices?

I have heard that there are different lines for Citizens/Permenant Residents and All Others, which line I should be standing in?

Any other suggestions/advice, if I have missed asking!! Anything more I should be knowing when traveling on Advance Parole? Extra information most Welcome!

Thanking you all in anticipation for all your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
My spouse who is a U.S. Citizen has applied for my AOS in July 2007.
I have completed the Finger Printings and have also received my EAD and Advance Parole.
When I try to look-up the Case Status for I-485 & I-130 on USCIS website, I get a message saying 'The case status could not be found', (I have received the notices that the case is received and is pending in September 2007).

Even though, I have my EAD card, I am not using it and maintaining my H1B status (but I do not have a H1B stamp on my passport, since I have never traveled outside U.S. from the time I first entered on a student Visa).

After graduating, I worked on OPT for almost a year and then on H1Bs.
I have changed appox. 3-4 employers while on H1B and hence everytime I transfered my H1B, I received new approval notice along with new I-94 card.

Recently, I took a transfer to a different division within the same company I work for (my current H1B holder) and they had to apply for my H1B Amendment in Oct. 2007 (whose approval is still pending). This was filed after I had received my EAD and Advance Parole since I wanted to maintain my H1B status and my employer was willing to spend for it.

Now, I am planning to Travel outside U.S. in December using my Advance Parole (Advance Parole, since H1B stamping dates are not available at the time of my travel.

Questions:
How safe is it to return back on Advance Parole? Anyone had any issues in past (even if you know someone or have heard about someone who had any problems getting back using Advance Parole)?

Is it advisable to travel outside U.S. using Advance Parole even though my H1B amendment is pending (I am not going to seek for H1B visa stamp)?

Is it advisable to travel outside U.S. using Advance Parole even though my I-485 & I-130 case status could not be found online on USCIS website (I have received the notices saying the case is received and pending)?

Which I-94 should I be submitting while leaving U.S. (as I have multiple I-94)?

Now when I return, will the immigration Officer (at the port of entry) object for me not submitting my H1B Amendment I-94 card or leaving U.S. without receiving H1B Amendment Approval? I do not expect to receive it before my travel dates.

What sort of formailities I will need to complete at the port of entry?

What questions/check I can expect from the immigration officer at the port of entry?

What all documents should I be carrying along with me in addition to Advance Parole and AOS notices?

I have heard that there are different lines for Citizens/Permenant Residents and All Others, which line I should be standing in?

Any other suggestions/advice, if I have missed asking!! Anything more I should be knowing when traveling on Advance Parole? Extra information most Welcome!

Thanking you all in anticipation for all your help.

Gurus!! Please Help!!

maybe you should have asked 2 or 3 questions? Nobody here is being paid to answer and it is very tiresome to see so many questions and attempt to answer them all...