Advance Parole

elim

Registered Users (C)
Please help!!

Please advise how to apply for advance parole?

Thanks a million.

RD 02/02
2FP 10/03
AD ?

Be advised, however, that the approval time is much longer than the “30 to 60 days” printed on the Notice. Mine took over 130.

Thanks for your quick reply.

What's the purpose of Advance Parole? From the website you provided, quote :

If you are applying for Advance Parole (to leave the U.S.), , send your application to the District or Sub-Office with jurisdiction over your place of residence, or to the Service Center if your case is pending there.

If you are requesting a Refugee Travel Document or a Reentry Permit, send your application to the Nebraska Service Center. Do not send the form to the address listed in the form's instructions.

If you are applying for Humanitarian Parole (to enter the U.S.), , send your application to the Department of Homeland Security, 425 I St., N.W., Washington, DC 20536, ATTN: Parole and Humanitarian Assistance Branch

Question : AP is not for purpose entering US?

Please advise.

Thanks

Having an Advance Parole document will basically allow you to leave
the US for temporary travel without abandoning your I-485 application.

Of course, you do not use your Advance Parole on the day you leave.
You present it to the Immigration Officer when re-entering the US.

Has anyone experience difficulties at the POE even with AP? I saw in the USCIS website, is indicated :

Generally, aliens who have applied to adjust status to that of permanent resident must obtain Advance Parole from the INS before traveling abroad (see questions and answers below). However, due to recent changes to U.S. immigration law, travel outside of the United States may have severe consequences for certain aliens who are in the process of adjusting their status. Such aliens may be found inadmissible, their applications may be denied, or both.

Please advise.

Originally posted by elim
Please help!!

Please advise how to apply for advance parole?

Thanks a million.

RD 02/02
2FP 10/03
AD ?

Hope you get all the luck in that.................

your well wisher,