Advance Parole VSC

new75

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Has anybody who applied for Advance Parole at the end of Sep 2003 in VSC has their AP approved? My ND is 9/30/2003. Nothing so far.

Thank You

Hi India1975,

Any updates on your AP application? Did you try calling Customer Service?

I have booked my tickets to India in the last week of January. Do you think there is a chance I will get it before I go?

Thanks.

AP with ND of 08/03/03, nothing yet. It say it takes 30-60 days to
process this kind of case.

I will keep you posted.

Anyone else with pending AP? My travel plans are held back due to this..
any thoughts.

If your AP case is pending for more than 60 days and you have to travel then try getting an emergency EAD from your local INS/BCIS/USCIS.

WIN

:(:(

Originally posted by whats_in_name
If your AP case is pending for more than 60 days and you have to travel then try getting an emergency EAD from your local INS/BCIS/USCIS.

WIN

my husband applied for our AP and EAD in july..RD 1 august 2003.. and nothing so far.. local office says we cannot do anything..its the milwaukee office ..they wont even issue and iEAD on the spot:(:(

Dear AP renewal waiters,
VSC Processing dates for I-131 is September 11,2003 but we have
quite many pending cases.

Let's keep this thread alive. :D

AP RD 10/31

AP RD date 10/31/2003.

No news yet. I had to cancel my trip and tickets.

Is there any Interim AP like Intermim EAD???

I have not heard of interim AP but will be meeting my lawyer regarding that. There have been posting for emergency AP's on this forum, but its not clear.

there is no such thing as iAP i.. i asked my local INS office and thats what they said..

RD AP 31 July
RD E 31 JULY

still nothin:(:(

I have tried 2 times at local Boston office for emergency AP before I had to cancel my tickets. Both times denied.

it is up to immigration officer..there is no law I guess. I ended up with the same ediot officer both times (thats my luck!).

He started shaking his head even before he finished looking at my application and mis guided me to have it expedited at VSC.

If these people had even one gram of brain they will be processing AP.. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it is holiday season and people travel.

I am sorry for yoru state. I am in a similar situation...

INS is filling all brainless idiots to process our applications. They take years to approve 485. and now the same rule applies to EAD/AP. What kind of stupid work they are doing right now. I dont see any EAD / AP or 485 approvals..What the hell they are doing? Dont they understand that they need to process AP or EAD in 60 to 90 days?? Nasty ........:mad: Well there is nothing much I can do apart from venting out my feelings here!!!!

I share your frustration. I amazes me that they have 2 documents (EAD, AP) valid for 1 year knowing fully well that 485 takes more than 1 year. So now they need to take time out from processing 485s to process these bloody renewals!

I got my interim EAD from the Omaha, NE field office on the 91st day, valid for 90 days. It was a painless experience.

EAD/AP
RD: 11-sep-2003
ND: 25-sep-2003
AD: ??@$%&%*!

iEAD: 11-dec-2003

Originally posted by apan_ranget_ahe
I share your frustration. I amazes me that they have 2 documents (EAD, AP) valid for 1 year knowing fully well that 485 takes more than 1 year. So now they need to take time out from processing 485s to process these bloody renewals!

I got my interim EAD from the Omaha, NE field office on the 91st day, valid for 90 days. It was a painless experience.

EAD/AP
RD: 11-sep-2003
ND: 25-sep-2003
AD: ??@$%&%*!

iEAD: 11-dec-2003

They are two useless docuements that need renewal every year.

Hope you guys saw this news, check link below, it is from a law firm.
Any of your respective lawyers have any thoughts for such delays?

Advance Parole - Applications for Advance Parole may require 3 to 5 months or more to process; the USCIS will expedite processing or issue an emergency advance parole under emergency conditions only (e.g., death in the applicant's immediate family, or business emergency involving millions of dollars in potential losses or lost revenue).

http://www.usabal.com/news/2003/03Dec05.html

This INS is getting worse everyday!!

AP is such a simple thing that they should do it in 1-2 weeks. All they have to do is check the validity of I-485 pending status, verify the address and send the AP with picture on it. really frustrating .....

I couldn't agree more .. AP is the simplest application to process.
If they can allocated 2-3 dedicated resource to process it I bet there would be no AP backlog. This is unnecessary suffering for people who wish to travel. the amount that we pay for AP renewal put together, alone can hire hundreds of employees.
who knows where the hell this money going? I have lost hundres of dollars in tickets cancellations.

This suffering is intolerable !! First it was Labor Certificate then I-140 and then EAD and then EAD/AP renewal.. it doesn't end.

Complaining is no way to go! Those under AOS stage should consider
them lucky to get here, there are students without jobs, people leaving the country without sponsorship and people without jobs.

Is the possible the way Advance Parole being issued is changing
because of security reasons ? New format ?