Advance Parole use - experience at different airports(POE).

chitti007

Registered Users (C)
Can you share your experiences (good, bad, ugly) when you entered using AP?

Which airport?
Do they have a separate counter for AP users? How do you identify such a counter?

How long did it take? If there was a delay, was it due to the number of people using AP? Or slow processing by the inspector? Or system problems?

Was there any issue if the husband enters with an H1B and the wife enters with an AP?

If you used it multiple times, and at different Points of Entry, which POE was a better experience? And if multiple uses at the same POE, did you have the same experience every time?

Would there be a different answer to the above questions if you use an EB AP Vs another category AP?

If anyone used an AP to enter via the road (or via water anybody???), how was that experience?

Which airport?
Do they have a separate counter for AP users? How do you identify such a counter?

How long did it take? If there was a delay, was it due to the number of people using AP? Or slow processing by the inspector? Or system problems?

Was there any issue if the husband enters with an H1B and the wife enters with an AP?

If you used it multiple times, and at different Points of Entry, which POE was a better experience? And if multiple uses at the same POE, did you have the same experience every time?

Would there be a different answer to the above questions if you use an EB AP Vs another category AP?

If anyone used an AP to enter via the road (or via water anybody???), how was that experience?

Toronto - takes forever !!

AP experience

My husband entered the U.S. a few weeks ago with AP via Chicago. He had to go through the visitor line. It took him only a few minutes longer than us (my daughter and I that went through the U.S. citizen/resident line). The only question that the officer asked him was from what visa category he was adjusting his status. Overall, the experience is good. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Chicago ORD is the best in my opinion since there is no secondary inspection.
Which airport??
Does not really matter. I have travelled through many.
Do they have a separate counter for AP users? How do you identify such a counter??
No separate counter. Use the visitors line.
How long did it take? If there was a delay, was it due to the number of people using AP? Or slow processing by the inspector? Or system problems??
At most airports they send you to another room for secondary inspection. It could take 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the number of people waiting in that room. If you miss the connecting flight, the airlines will book you in a later flight.
If you used it multiple times, and at different Points of Entry, which POE was a better experience? And if multiple uses at the same POE, did you have the same experience every time??
Chicago ORD is the best since there is no secondary inspection.
Same experience every time at all other POEs (LAX,DFW,ATL,EWR,JFK,CVG).

Please make sure the dates entered in your passport and I-94 are correct. Have seen officers at POE making mistakes.