Advance Parole & Travelling out of US

gcpll

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife is planning to go to India(thru Singapore and HongKong) using the Adv Parole. The Adv Parole document is valid till the end of April next year. I am the primary applicant of I485.

Are there any specific rules that we need to be aware of travel thru these countreis?

Is it okay to travel using the AP and travel thru these countries to India?

Please reply...

Regards,
Aman

Search those conturies consular websites and make sure they do not require any transit visa for Indian citizens. Please tell her to keep I-485 notice copy and other identification documents handy all the time.

Also if she had ever violated her status any time in the past
DO NOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY
Most people know this but just in case you were not aware of this
-DJ
RD JAN 03,2002
ND JAN 08,2002
FP OCT 24,2002
AD ?
No RFE so far

No specific rules. Since she is in transit, they don't even ask for AP. I went in May'03 and came back in June-03.

My family and I went to India on May 29th, I returned on July 7th and my faimily returned on August 27th. None of us faced any problems.

At Indian airport I was asked to show the AP document by the reservation clerk and the immigration officer.

It was not asked anywhere in transit (via London)

At JFK the officer took my papers, placed these in an envelope and asked me to accompany him to a room in the corner. He gave my papers to a officer in this room (there were about 6 officers) and asked me to sit down on a bench.

On my turn the officer called me and asked me how was I getting my GC. I said "through my employer", and that was it, he stamped my passport, attached a I-94 card with the stamp valid thru the expiry date of AP.

Thanks