Advance parole - Transit visa -Lufthansa

gcard600

Registered Users (C)
My wife will travel by lufthansa air line in dec. She has advance parole and waiting for green card.
When I called german consulate, they mentioned transit visa is not required.

Jsut I would like to ask if anybody is in the situation and has more information. Who does need transit visa?

Please reply to me If you have more information.

Thanks

Transit Visa

If she has a valid US visa (if H1 visa stamp is valid), then she does not require Transit visa - else she needs one for Germany.

I think she needs one

I agree.
-
If she does not have a valid Visa Stamp in the passport, she needs to get transit visa. I am in the same boat and I plan to get one. Below is some text from their web site.
-
Visa needed?
-------------
Entry clearance requirements are dependent on the citizenship and the resident status of the applicant. Due to its location at the heart of Europe, Germany is an important transit country. The vast majority of travellers do not need a visa when airtransitting through Germany. However, citizens of some countries do need an airport transit visa.
Please note that an airport transit visa only allows a short stay in the international transit area, neither leaving the airport's international transit area nor overnight stays are possible.

List of countries whose citizens do need a airport transit visa
----------------------------------------------------------

India (please see exception 4)

Exemption 4 to the list above
----------------------------
the exemptions under no. 1.) apply. In addition, please note:
Indian and Turkish airport transit travelers who
- are holding a valid visa or other residence permit for the USA (an approval notice is not sufficient), Canada or Switzerland and travel to the country which issued that visa or residence permit
OR
- after a legal stay in the USA, Canada or Switzerland- return to the country whose citizenship they hold
do not need an airport transit visa.
If you are still in doubt whether you need an airport transit visa, do not hesitate to call the German mission which serves your place of residence in the US.

Although this information has been prepared with utmost care, the we can not accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.

Last week I personally went to German consulate in Atlanta. They said transit visa is not required if you have AP. They gave me the instruction(memo) sheet about this.

Lufthansa website is not up to date.

Thanks,
Ramu

No transit visa for us

Me and my husband visited India this May, we travel via Germany (Lufthansa). We had approved H4 & H1 respectively,it was a new H visa starting from May1st 05( ..after changing from J visa). Hence there was no stamping on our H visas. But we were not asked for transit visa. Hope this information helps.

sometime i wonder why we even fly through these European union countries...
if only we can have non-stop airtravel from USA to india (i know it started recently)...we can tell these EU nations to "kiss our brown ***" you know what.

i plan to travel via Hk or singapore....last time i went did not need any transit visa...does any one know if these rules have changed in the last 2 years...pl update.

I & my wife travelled to india on Air-India via Frankfurt, Germany this June on Advance Parole. We did not had a valid visa on our passports & we did not even had any transit visa. No body cared for transit visa there in germany. It was a smooth trip.

Thanks.

Couple of weeks ago, I visited Czech republic via Frankurt, well, I have AP doc, at the checkin counter at Washington Dulles airport, they said, Transit visa is not required if you have a valid return document to the US(i.e AP/GC/H1/H4..etc) or Trasit visa is not required if you are travelling to your home country via Germany. I would recomend, call up the airlines before buying the tickets.

You are definetly better off with a transit visa

My personal suggestion is always have a transit visa as its easy to get. The embassies here in USA have varying answers.

I saw people having issues in france with same issue while in transit.

They normally dont check and that doesnot mean that you dont need one and pls dont go entirely by what embassy in USA said.

Safe bet is to spend an hour and get a transit visa.

Every international airport has a transit zone were you can spend the time between changing the planes without any transit visa. If you'd like to pass through passport control and visit the country you are landed in - you will need a transit visa.
Nobody will check your visa status in the transit zone, only when you go through the airport passport control.
I flied a lot of times through Europe and had no problems whatsoever.

Transit Visa

Hi Folks,

If you travel through UK, then you need a transit visa. My wife took a transit visa. since we are in AP/EAD/485, i dont have valid visa.. so we took a transit visa and he landed in India succesfully..

Rgds,
VJ

pvsramu said:
Last week I personally went to German consulate in Atlanta. They said transit visa is not required if you have AP. They gave me the instruction(memo) sheet about this.

Lufthansa website is not up to date.

Thanks,
Ramu

Atlanta Says no but If you call Houston Consulate they say you require transit visa. Last year I had e-mail response from them.