Advance Parole renewal - is filing fee required ?

psman

Registered Users (C)
Could someone let me know if I am eligible to renew my Advance Parole (it expired sometime last year) without having the need to pay the filing fee ?

When I go to the USCIS web site and look at the instructions for filing form I-131 (i-131instr.pdf)

on page 8 of the I-131 forms it says that (towards the bottom right)

"If you filed Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for Advance Parole"

The recieved date on my I797C Notice of Action (I485 application to adjust to permanent resident status) is August 8th 2007.

So am I eligible for requesting a renewal of my Advance Parole without paying the filing fee ? Based on the filing instructions for form I-131 looks like I may be eligible for filing for a renewal of the advance parole documents without the filing fee. But could I be missing something out here ?

You will have to pay a filing fee. Only the first advance parole application made together with I-485 does not require a separate fee (actually it is included in I-485 fee). Renewal of Advance Parole will require fee.

Could someone let me know if I am eligible to renew my Advance Parole (it expired sometime last year) without having the need to pay the filing fee ?

When I go to the USCIS web site and look at the instructions for filing form I-131 (i-131instr.pdf)

on page 8 of the I-131 forms it says that (towards the bottom right)

"If you filed Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for Advance Parole"

The recieved date on my I797C Notice of Action (I485 application to adjust to permanent resident status) is August 8th 2007.

So am I eligible for requesting a renewal of my Advance Parole without paying the filing fee ? Based on the filing instructions for form I-131 looks like I may be eligible for filing for a renewal of the advance parole documents without the filing fee. But could I be missing something out here ?

Regarding fees, consult the chart on Page 13 of this memo: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Outreach/Interim Guidance for Comment/Adv-parole-ead-12-21-10.pdf

Note: A single employment authorization and Advance Parole card is now available for certain applicants who have filed or will file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. The card is obtained by filing Forms I-131 and I-765 together. Applicants who have already filed a Form I-485 that is pending should use Form I-765 filing location instructions when filing both forms. Applicants should use Form I-485 filing location instructions when filing Forms I-131, I-765, and Form I-485 at the same time.