Advance Parole Question - Urgent !

GreenHaraPacha

Registered Users (C)
Can i travel to canada before my advance parole gets approved ??? Can i apply for it and take the application receipt ? This might be a silly question, but I have to go to canada by january for desparate reasons and i dont think i can apply for advance parole and get it by then. Is there any way to expedite AP ?

Please let me know your suggestions

Thanks

Hi,
I have H1B which is ending on Sept 2005.
I may have to (must visit) India on Jan 2004.
I am going to apply for Advance Parole but it might not get approved till day i have to leave.

Question 1)In India on the application for visa, I will be checking that applied for immigration box.
Will that affect in me getting stamping.
This is my visa third time (Each earlier time I came back before visa expired).

Question2)
If I leave before my advanced Parole is approved will that affect
my visa stamping?

My lawyer is telliong me not to take risk and file for ap, but I have to go and can not wait for AP approval.
Also I knew last year few friends who did not have problem in getting stamping in similar situations.
I wanted to know how is situation this year(Mumbai consulate)

Please advise
Paresh

GreenHaraPacha,

Generally - if you have a valid H1 and are not working on an EAD -then you do not require the AP to travel.
However, if you do not have a valid H1 multiple entry visa then you cannot be allowed back into the country.

From My experience - a copy of the AP receipt will not help (am not sure if anyone else has had a differnet experience). You will need wither a valid re-entry visa into teh states or a valid AP (originals).

I was able to obtain an emergency AP from the local INS office (Newark) via my lawyer - but that was 3 years ago and am not sure if the policies have remained the same.

My advice would be to speak to your lawyer candidly and ask him if a local application can be expediated. Do not travel out of the country without any type of valid re-entry via\paperwork.
If the matter you are going for happens to be legal then maybe you can obtain a legal letter stating your presence be required in Canada and you could work this out with your lawyer and the consulate.

Stamping needs AP ?

I hope getting a visa to go to another country before applying for advance parole is not a problem... I believe that Advance Parole has to do only with the re-entry to this country and getting visa stamped in usa for any other country is not a problem - am i right ?

This is another question niggling at the back of my mind, so please clarify.

Thanks

GreenHaraPacha,

When trying to obtain a visa to visit another country, the Visa Consulate for that country will always ask to see proof of re-entry into the states (if you are coming back) - unless you are moving away for good.

For example - whenever I have applied for a Canadian visitors visa - I have been asked to bring in my original AP (or any other type of visa I may have) as proof that I have a valid re-entry into the states.

This has been the case whenever I have applied for the British visitors visa as well.

My advice would be to call up the particular consulte and ask them if they would give you the visa while your AP application is pending.

Hope this helps.

I got my visa stamped in canadian consulate in new york... they didnt ask for any re-entry evidence... will getting stamped on passport [but not going to canada] be a problem for GC process ?

thanks

GreenHaraPacha,

If you have valid H1b, (I-797 and I-94) you don't need the visa stamp if you go to canada for a trip less than 30 days. there are 2 conditions:
1. you don't apply visa validation in canda.
2. you are not from the 5 special countries

if you already work on EAD (not H1b status) then you need AP before you leave the country. officially, your AP will be considered abandoned if you leave before you get the result. The receipt definitely not work

thank you tdbw and lz25888

Few more queries are

[1] i will see how to expedite my AP. Do you have any suggestions for expediting ap process ?

[2] i have canadian visa in my passport. has not travelled outside usa and am not going to do it without AP. But i want to make sure that just getting canadian visa stamped in our passport doesnt affect GC

Please share your knowledge about this.

Thanks

[2] i have canadian visa in my passport. has not travelled outside usa and am not going to do it without AP. But i want to make sure that just getting canadian visa stamped in our passport doesnt affect GC

I had an Ireland VISA stamped and did not used. Was informed that having a visa stamped on PP is not an issue for applying GC.

Hi Guys,

One of my question/fear was that if you specify (which you have to) in form for visa application that you have filed for immigration.Does Consulate rejects visa?

Regards
p

GreenHaraPacha,

To answer your questions:

[1] i will see how to expedite my AP. Do you have any suggestions for expediting ap process ?

Filing at the Local INS office expediates this process. However doing so with the help of your lawyer is always more efficient. Also - try to obtain a letter (from the party you are visiting\doctor\legal etc) as to why you need to urgently travel out of the country.

Nope - having a visitors visa stamp from a consulate on your ppt does not affect your GC process.

Hope this helps.