Advance Parole Question-Need help in travelling

kcgc4me

Registered Users (C)
I am working for Company-A and my H-1 visa stamp Expired as of dec'2002, just got my 7th year extension and was planning to send passport to St.Louis for revalidation.
Company-B is processing my gc in future employment category and i got EAD, advance Parole.
Can I travel using this AP? even when my present h-1 visa stamp is expired?

you can enter using AP but poe officer might question whether you are going to work with company-b? also i heard that you cannot travel using expired visa stamp transitting thru european countries even if you have valid ap or ead. not sure how far this is true.

sounds tricky because ac21 regulation is not come out yet. forum member like Ginnu, JoeF might answer.

question: as you are anyway planning to send your passport for revalidation (7th year h1) why do you plan to go out of usa? its better for you to get the stamping here and then take your vacation and use h1 to enter.

thank you for your reply.
This is a business trip to Philippines and i have to leave on Nov16th. I would like to go, if at all i can go using the AP from Company B.
No time to revalidate in St.Louis.

European countries France, Germany do not see your visa stamps as far as you are legally allowed to come to USA. In your case AP should be enough for travelling thru europeon countries. Not sure what will happen at the POE. Sometime they ask whether you are actually working for this co. So wish you good luck.

hello everyone

I had a question about this AP and the travelling issues.

1.Actually I am on h1 visa and applied for 140/485 concurrent last month. I just applied for the EAd but didnt apply for AP.Since I got another 1 year of valid h1 visa, my lawyer told me to use the h1 for travelling out of the country.
my question is whether i need to apply for AP to travel outside the country when AOS is pending?

2.my wife had a h4 stamping in the passport.. she got h1 approved 3 months back and start working on h1.
we applied 140/485/ead/AP for her at the same time
If she travelling out of the country, can she use her AP for the travelling purpose or she has to get her h1 stamped in India before she enter the country?

if she enter the country back with AP, what is her status then..she will be on h1 or h4?

3.Do EAD and AP are interconnected?
only if use EAD , then AP is appicable to use or we can use the AP when we are on other h4 or h1 status?
still iam not understanding the relation between these two

gurus,, please help
thanks

love2002

I had a question about this AP and the travelling issues.

1.Actually I am on h1 visa and applied for 140/485 concurrent last month. I just applied for the EAd but didnt apply for AP.Since I got another 1 year of valid h1 visa, my lawyer told me to use the h1 for travelling out of the country.
my question is whether i need to apply for AP to travel outside the country when AOS is pending?
as long as you are planning to use your h1 its not necessary
2.my wife had a h4 stamping in the passport.. she got h1 approved 3 months back and start working on h1.
we applied 140/485/ead/AP for her at the same time
If she travelling out of the country, can she use her AP for the travelling purpose or she has to get her h1 stamped in India before she enter the country?
she can use her AP. but it is generally safe to get h1 visa stamped and use her h1 to enter.

1.So its better to use h1 to enter the country instead of AP?
which one will be the best option?

2.Also is it possible for my wife to enter back to the country by just using AP without the h1 stamping from india?