Advance Parole- Pending over 90 days - Interim AP?

ABT

Registered Users (C)
All Guru's

My AP is been pending over 90 days (self applied on 07/19/04) and I have tickets to India for Nov 25th.

Can anyone tell me if is there an Interim AP option like EAD to apply at the local USCIS.

Running out of time and options...please help !!

Thanks,
ABT
140 AD 10/20/04
485 Pending
AP2 Pending

ABT said:
All Guru's

My AP is been pending over 90 days (self applied on 07/19/04) and I have tickets to India for Nov 25th.

Can anyone tell me if is there an Interim AP option like EAD to apply at the local USCIS.

Running out of time and options...please help !!
ABT,

In different forums, some members have indicated about Emergency AP which can be issued by NSC/local office on the basis of submission of documents indicating emergency. However it looks like there is nothing like Interim AP. Probably you can try searching EAD and AP forum and you may come with more info about Interim AP if it exists.

thanks SUNKS

sunks said:
ABT,
In different forums, some members have indicated about Emergency AP which can be issued by NSC/local office on the basis of submission of documents indicating emergency. However it looks like there is nothing like Interim AP. Probably you can try searching EAD and AP forum and you may come with more info about Interim AP if it exists.

Thanks Sunks!

In my case there is no emergency. I will just try at the local office, if it works out well and good, otherwise I will postpone my trip.

ABT

same boat

My wife case is not approved yet. file date 07/20/04.

I postponed our trip

Abid

I have the same issue. My wife is visiting home country in November for three months but her Advance parole will expire on Nov 24, 2004. I have already applied for her AP and I539 H4,(H4 expired in sept).
My question is:
1. Can she be out of US if AP is expired and the new AP is not approved and after approval, can I send the approved AP to her.
2. Would there be any issue if she is not in US, and her 485 gets approved.
Thank you for your advice.

more details plz

abid32 said:
My wife case is not approved yet. file date 07/20/04.
I postponed our trip
Abid

Abid,

Could you give some more details about your case. 140/485 filing date and 140 status. And did you do AP2 e-filing or was it normal filing.

Thanks
ABT

Is it safe to come back to US?

My only status is I140 pending. I got my AP this May. I want to go back to my home country soon (While my I140 pending). I wonder if it's "safe" to come back to US with using my AP. Thank you for help.

-Vivace

TT212321 said:
I have the same issue. My wife is visiting home country in November for three months but her Advance parole will expire on Nov 24, 2004. I have already applied for her AP and I539 H4,(H4 expired in sept).
My question is:
1. Can she be out of US if AP is expired and the new AP is not approved and after approval, can I send the approved AP to her. ---------- NO. She may encounter problems while returning as he AP was approved after she left the country. I-485 will be considered abandoned.
2. Would there be any issue if she is not in US, and her 485 gets approved.---- As long as she has a valid AP or H4 stamp she is okay.
Thank you for your advice.

Hathwar

Why would I-485 be considered abandoned? I can understand if I-131 is considered abandoned. What if the concerned person (may not be this case) has a valid H1-H4 stamp and applies for AP as a backup option? Even if AP is rejected, they can enter based on the stamp and continue their I-485. Can't they??

nsc030104 said:
Hathwar

Why would I-485 be considered abandoned? I can understand if I-131 is considered abandoned. What if the concerned person (may not be this case) has a valid H1-H4 stamp and applies for AP as a backup option? -- Since his/her H4 had expired and and awaiting approval I came to the conclusion I posted earlier. If he/she has a valid dula intent visa stamp then the question is moot.
Even if AP is rejected, they can enter based on the stamp and continue their I-485. Can't they??

Details

Filing Date 9/23/04 (AP, EAD, I140,I485)

1st AP 10/23/03
1st EAD 11/24/03 after RFE
140 approved 4/30/04
485 pending

same for my wife

2nd EAD 10/7/04
2nd AP 10/18/04 after RFE

Wife AP ?
EAD 9/21/04

I did e-filing. I told repeatedly "Do you use the same picture for my AP?" They said yes.

I got RFE for AP just because of picture.

I strongly recommend to use paper filing for AP.

We got a good lesson.

Abid