Advance parole issue

starsavari

hi
My wife went to india on 6/13/03 and returns on
09/4/03. She had an valid advance parole that expired on
8/25. The same day(6/13) she left, Her new parole got approved.
But we received it on hand on 6/23.

Will it be a problem if she returns with the New Advance Parole? because she was not here when the parole has sent.

thanks
*savari

It looks like even when one is perfectly safe, would-be immigrants find new and creative ways to worry themselves. :) At least as far as your main question is concerned ("Will it be a problem if she returns with the New Advance Parole?"), I think there shouldn't be any problem as long your wife has a new AP copy in hand at the port of entry.

But it does raise an interesting question: It is usually said that if you travel abroad when an Advance Parole application is pending at BCIS, the I-485 application is deemed abandoned. But does this apply only to first-time AP applicants or even the annual AP renewals??

This question is particularly pertinent to me because I've applied for a renewal AP too but have postponed a trip to India (though I have a current AP in hand which will expire soon) thinking I cannot travel. (And if I really cannot travel, it seems to defeat the whole purpose of issuing an AP since every year while waiting for renewal APs one cannot travel for 2-4 months.)

Anybody knows what is allowed or not in this situation?! I'd greatly appreciate any info.

Thanks!