Advance Parole issue

dealboy3

Hi,
My wife's H4 visa got expired on March 15th. We have applied for AP on jan18th and she left the country on 20th Jan. She wants to come back some time in May. In the mean time she got her AP approved on March 5th.

My question is can she come back to US using Advance Parole? Why am I asking this is, she left the country before she got her AP approval and she was not present in US when she got her approval.

or should she get her H4 again to come back to US?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi,
I have similar question.
My wife and kids visa in passport expires on 5/14/04. The are going to India on 4/28/04 on Air Inida flight via PARIS. I think they don’t need French Transit Visa for onward journey as they have valid US visa. They will be back on 8/25/04.

Our I-485 and Advance Parole were applied at Texas Service center and receipt date is 3/8/04 and notice date is 3/9/04 for both.

1. How long it may take to get Advance Parole from Texas Service Center. Is there any chance that we get Aps by August?
2. If we get Aps by August, can my wife and kids use the Aps to enter USA(Because I guess they will not be in US when their APs will be approved)
3. Do they need French transit visa during the return journey when they travel on advance parole?

Hi Dealboy,

I guess she is fine. You can send her the Advance parole papers and she can enter the country based upon her AP since you say her H4 has expired. It does not matter if the AP was pending when she left.

Hope this helps.

Hi Dealboy,

I guess she is fine. You can send her the Advance parole papers and she can enter the country based upon her AP since you say her H4 has expired. It does not matter if the AP was pending when she left.

Hope this helps.

rahman

For a similar question Jaxen (one of the GURUS on the portal) had replied stating that the person should have an AP approved before leaving the country if he/she intends to come back on AP. This rule is buried some where in the USCIS notification.