Advance Parole from NSC taking between 375-410 days?????

greeksocrates

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I just got the receipt notice for my Advance Parole (renewal, for my original one expires in November) application at NSC, and it says the expected time for this kind of case is between 375 and 410 days (!!!).

Has anyone who recently applied for Advance Parole (my RD: 14 Jul 2003) got a similar expected time? Can people who recently applied please reply with expected times given on their receipt notices?

On a close look at the NSC processing times table, I noticed that the Application for Reentry Permit (also an I-131 application) seems also to be taking a length of time in the 375-410 days range. Is it possible my application was mistakenly put in that category?

Any ideas as to what options are available to me (especially since I was planning to go to India after getting my AP)? Might it help if I call NSC and tell them??

Thanks in advance for info/ideas.

greeksocrates

My AP ND is 05/07/2003. My receipt says the same to. I had called the service center asking them that they might have put my application in a wrong queue, and they told me that I-131 is also used for other purposes like re-entry permit and one category does take around 410 days, so that is they reason every I-131 receipts have that much estimated processing time.

I still feel that they have put my file in the wrong queue, since my ND is 05/07, and I am still waiting.

Is anyone out there from NSC who got I-131 receipt wich says that it takes < 100 days for AP?

Hey guju, thanks for the info/response -- it's some relief to know I am not the only one.

But I looked at the receipt notice of my first Advance Parole (which I got last year), and in it the expected time was "only" between 140-170 days (but mine was approved in under 40 days). One wonders, have things changed so much in one year?

And why is it so hard for these guys to give the expected time which is right for your case? These guys don't quickly adjudicate your 485, and they don't make it easy for you to travel.....oh man, so frustrating this is.

On a related note, I saw in a few posts that for some EAD applications (I had also sent my renewal one along with my AP application) they are asking for copies of the approved I-140. But can't they just check against the name and/or A-number in their database to see whose I-140s have already been approved?? To me it sounds like a ridiculous, time-wasting RFE. What is the rationale for that RFE???

Thanks,
One more frustrated GC-waiter

My receipt says the same

But processing times report shows that they are currently
processing 05/08/2003 for I-131 Advance Parole.They have
other listings for I-131 in the report for processing time dating
back to Jan'2000.

AP ND 07/17/2003 same "375 to 405 days". Called and she told me that AP at NSC takes up to 6 months. Checked randomly on on-line status and notices that the I131 applications all have the "375 to 405 days" or are aproved (in less than 120 days).

AP approved in 2months

One of my friends appied for EAD, AP (Renewals) around May 15, 2003 and he got approvals and cards for both a week back.

I am waiting for the same

2nd EAD : 05/28
1st AP: 07/10 (Reciept Notice indicate 375-410 days)

RD: Jan 14, 2002

According to BCIS Online Case Satus, my 2nd Advance Parole has been approved (at NSC)! (My 2nd EAD application is still pending.) Here are the details:

RD: 14 Jul 2003
AP: 16 Sep 2003

Anybody knows how long it typically takes to get the actual paper by mail?

Thanks,
greeksocrates

I got it in less that 90 days too. From Application to getting receipt in hand, i got it in 5 days after the avm said approved

Last edited by a moderator: