advance parole and green card

maria01

hi im married to a us citizen we have been married for almost 5 years, but we were living in my country, last year we move to the states and we apply for my green card, i start the process on June 20 of 2008, i got my biometrics appointment on july 11 2008 , on september 26 of 2008 i ve submit my medical forms, and in october 6 2008 igot this: Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

i receive my advance parole document and work permit on February 3 2009, so my question is: can i travel out of the country for a period of 2 months leaving in march coming back in may or should i wait until i get my green card, im scared the i will get call for an interview while im out of the country....what can i do?...do you think the there is a chance the i get the green card without an interview?...i there any chance the i will get my interview in the next couple of months?
thank you

As long as you don't have illegal stays in the US, you can travel with the advance parole but will still need to have someone receiving your letters and keeping an eye on the interview letter. Base on your 5 years of marraige, you should get a 10 yr no condition GC.

If you have illegal stays in the US, you'll risk yourself being denied entry when you come back.

I have a friend who married a Costarican lady and they are living there now but they wan to move to USA. She have a B2 visa. The question is If they move here she can apply for her GC through married a US citizen (I-130, I-485, G-325, I-765, I-864)?
THANKS

Dayana, its always best to start your own thread rather than hijacking another.

To answer your question though, the fact that the lady has a B2 visa is irrelevant. As there is already intent to enter the US and Adjust status to permanent resident, it is classed as visa fraud to enter the US on a tourist visa and AOS and so can result in a ban from the US. Instead your friend needs to apply for the appropriate spousal visa so that the non US citizen can legally enter the US with the intent to stay.

One option is an immigrant visa:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=i130guide1

Another option is the possibility of Direct Consular Filing at the Costa Rican embassy:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=dcf