Advance Parole and EAD

Dont Care

Registered Users (C)
HI Gurus, Please shed light.
Can we apply for Adjustment (485) at VSC and apply for EAD and Advance parole at local INS office. Has anybody done that?
Thanks

No Title

Well technically yes you can do that but logically apply for everything @ VSC and also together.........Since last one and half year local INS officces are not so cooperative in accepting fresh EAD cases and also for AP ( excluding real emergencies) They will send you back to service centre (VSC or any for that matter)and will ask you to come after 90 DAYS OF NO RESPONSE..

Hanuman

No Title

FYI, my wife and I applied for 485 at VSC. After receiving the notice of action, she applied for EAD at the local office (Pittsburgh). The whole process takes less than an hour. I have obtained my EAD card last month, again under an hour.

Some of our friends obtained their APs in a day or two from the same office.

Processing time and -possibly- procedures obviously depend on your location.

No Title

Hi, cbup, thanks for this posting.

I\'m also in Pittsburgh and recevied my I485 receipt notice. I\'m planning to apply for EAD. It would be appreciated if you can let me know:

1): Do you need to make an appoint with INS local office, or just show up at business time? I guess the office is in the federal building in downtown (grant street), right?
2): Do you need the original copy of the notice?

No Title

Dont Care: yes you can obtain EAd and AP both in the local INS office but it depends on which part of VSC you are in if you happen to be in the crowded areas like NJ,NY or even Boston the INS office is not very simpathetic to such requests even though they are legal it just creates a lot of work for them from existing load that they have already.

I got my AP from Newark, but my experience is not very good although I got it, but for EAD\'s I am told they are not entertaining it although you can make a case and get it done too. I guess its all upto you, if you are a strong minded person and think all the waiting and taking chances is not a big deal when you look at the final result then you can try it. But if you are a sophisticated guy and say why should you go through all these hassels when I can get it done in the mail then you should apply through VSC and wait, but then you might have an emergency situation in which case you do not have any choice but to go to your local INS office.

These are some points of view..

hope that helps

No Title

Let\'s see if I can get this to post this time :)

Xueping;

1) for our cases, we went there around 9:00am and had the card in our hands in 45 min or 1 hour. Very smooth process. There are 20-30 ppl waiting in line till 10am, then the crowd disappears. The office is located in the Federal Building.

2) Your (courtesy) copy is needed, as well as the application form, your old EAD cards (if any), and the fee. They will copy the Notice of Action, confiscate your older EAD cards, take the check and the application. You will probably called in 15-20 minutes for a photo. It\'ll take 5 minutes for the card to be ready after the photo.

I found the whole process to be very un-INS, smooth and quick.

We had a very similar experience at the Finger Printing Center. The whole process there took less than 20 minutes. There is something wrong with Pittsburgh office :) We were hoping for a transfer to local office for our case, but no luck there... Have to wait for VSC for probably another year.