Advaced Parole At Santa Ana, CA INS office:

ladka26

Registered Users (C)
I went to Santa Ana office today to apply for emergency advanced parole. My AP application is already pending at CSC laguna Neigel.
So they said that they cannot entertain the request and I need to fax my request to CSC at 949-389-8601 to expedite my
AP processing.
IMP: If you havent applied for AP before and you have emergency, then you can submit request in person at Santa local office
and they take 3 business days to process it and you have to go back to pick up your AP.
You will have yo fill formI-131, have doctor's certificate proving any emergency and pay $110 by check or money order and
you immigration pictures

I hope this information will help lot of people on board.

I had a family emergency back in Feb 03,
I called BCIS vermont and had them expedite
my pending AP, I got it within 7 days.

Also, at BCIS SFO they said they'll consider my
rrequest for AP, if I provide adequate proof of
emergency and pay again for a fresh appln.
I didn't go this route, since I was only waiting for my AP papers to reach me from Vermont.

Hope this helps!

Rosaly

I went to Santa Ana office at 5:00 am. There were about 30 people ahead of me. We were ushered in by security at 7:00 am, when the office opened. There were some people who were carrying cell phones with Camera and security officers informed them that they could not carry cell phones with camera inside, so they had to go back and leave their cell phones in the car. After checking through the security we went to the seventh floor, where an IIO reviewed every case and directed people to either 6th floor or 5th floor.

I had already filed an Advance Parole petition for my wife at CSC, Laguna Niguel in July, which is not yet approved. However, we had an emergency situation and my wife had to rush to India, therefore I thought that I might be able to submit a fresh petition at Santa Ana office and get it approved in 3 days. I had supporting documents for this emergency situation. I took a fresh I-131 with copies of pending I-485 receipt, I-94, old/expired advance parole, etc.

However, the IIO told me that my case was under the jurisdiction of CSC, Laguna Niguel and they could not do anything in that case. The officer sounded genuine and he explained that that a case is always under the primary jurisdiction of an office and only that office could approve such petitions. He told me that I could sent an emergency expedite request to CSC, Laguna Niguel, which I did today.

Therefore, unless your case is under the jurisdiction of Santa Ana (means they have got your file), the would not be able to approve an emergency AP.

Please let me know how it works at other places like Los Angeles District office.