• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Administrative processing

jacob2009

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,

We had a ninterview in April. The counslor who intervied us, at the end of the interview gave us a paper which says visa pending administrative process. She told me they are going to find out if the documents we gave them are authentic. She said they will call us to send our pasports when this process is finished. She could not say how long it will take. Is there any one out there familiar with this administrative process? How long does it take? More important I start to worry that visa quotas may be finished before they are done with their administrative process. Do they reserve the visa while undertaking this administrative porcess? This question did not occur to me at the time of the interview.

jacob

How long does it take?
Totally different, a week up to months

More important I start to worry that visa quotas may be finished before they are done with their administrative process. Do they reserve the visa while undertaking this administrative porcess?
Once the quota is reached you have lost you chance. But at this time I would not worry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
so if you loose the chance to get the visa because of the quota limit and background check after you paid much money , will it be fair?
did this ever happen to anyone before? I think this is totally crazy and unfair from them