Administrative Processing

ybutt20

Registered Users (C)
hi all i just joined the forum. and really need some help/guidence ....

i am married to a US citizen , she filed I-130 for me in 2006 i was interveiwed in jan 2008 and was given a letter that my case need futher administrative processing and it will minimum take 6 weeks and there is no maximum time limit. when two months passed i got worried and tried contacting US embassy. i just received an email say that contact us if its more than ten months since your interveiwed. i waited and waited and now that ten months mark is passed too. i don't know where i stand...

anyways one thing i want to make here clear is i am from Pakistan and the case was at Islamabad embassy

i guess they do the background check and stuff but its really .....:mad:
i tried contacting the embassy and got no reply expect a FAQs email. My wife contacted her areas congressman's and senator's office and still its the same answer sit down and Wait Wait Wait

ybutt20,

I would suggst to have your wife file K-3 for you ASAP. Also, did she file your case when she was a permanent resident and updated as US citizen later or was it orignally filed as US Citizen?

Anyway, whatever way it was filed doesnt matter, just go ahead and file K-3 ASAP.

i talked to one of the lawyer and his said that at this point its no use to file another petiotion mean its too late for K-3 petition because now its already ten months passed since my interview for I-130, wait and watch .anyways i contacted the embassy they say its nothing we can do w are waiting for security clearnce from washington. i just wanna know is the a way to force them to finish it quickly somehow???
Man there should be some limit, Ten months thats too much for the spous of a US citizen, like what if someone go to US and he was never figureprinted or ... and he's a terrerorist then what the hell they will do, will they say like ok wait in that room we will get back to you when we are done with the backgound check in next two years, thats so frustrating man:mad: