administrative processing for J1 visa

grm2007

Hello everyone,

Recently I had appeared for an interview to get J1 and J2 visa at New Delhi, India. I am working in govt. institute as a scientist in life sciences / biotechnology field. I had applied for J1 visa for doing my post doctoral research training in US institute. I had produced all the documents including the letter from sponsor, letter from present employer (govt. institute) to do post doctoral training , questionnaire which describes about my past, present and future research to the consular. However, the consular returned my passports and DS forms and gave me a yellow color form which stated that my application is under administrative processing which will take 6- 8weeks. My research programme is due from 1st June 2007 onwards. My question is whether

1. Should I wait for their call or else should I contact the helpdesk at US consulate, New Delhi
2. When should I contact in that instance
3. What are the chances of getting the visa?
4. I will get the visa on time

I shall be thankful for your suggestions and advice.

Hello everyone,

Recently I had appeared for an interview to get J1 and J2 visa at New Delhi, India. I am working in govt. institute as a scientist in life sciences / biotechnology field. I had applied for J1 visa for doing my post doctoral research training in US institute. I had produced all the documents including the letter from sponsor, letter from present employer (govt. institute) to do post doctoral training , questionnaire which describes about my past, present and future research to the consular. However, the consular returned my passports and DS forms and gave me a yellow color form which stated that my application is under administrative processing which will take 6- 8weeks. My research programme is due from 1st June 2007 onwards. My question is whether

1. Should I wait for their call or else should I contact the helpdesk at US consulate, New Delhi
2. When should I contact in that instance
3. What are the chances of getting the visa?
4. I will get the visa on time

I shall be thankful for your suggestions and advice.

1- You can follow up your case by calling every now and then and ask them if they are going to call you or what you can do.
3- Most people get their visas if every thing else is OK
4- No one know

Hi,

I was also given administrative processing and a yellow colored form. Embassy called me again after 20days and gave me the visa for 5 years. You will get the visa if everything is OK from your sponsor.

Most my friends you have this administrative processing issue got their visas.

Thanks
Suresh