• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Administrative processing and 30th September

geraldest

Registered Users (C)
Seeking imformations concerning the above topic from the embassies what i can believe is, when you are place under administrative processing and it beyong 30th September the embassy can still call you for your visa provided they see nothing wrong .The reason i am saying this is, i wrote a letter to the embassy concerning the above topic and the reply always was, we will contact you when the review is complete without adding your deadline. Please what do say

I was at the US embassy Accra on 1st October to check and collect my original certificates since my administrative processing had crossed the deadline there i met about two to three hundred peoples who were also in the same shoes that means we were told after the interview that they will give us a call and when they started calling people one by one i noticed that out of four people so far they called one of them got his visa so i was wondering how come because it was after the deadline and the rest three were given back their documents with a letter attached and the letter read in short the ap did not finish before the deadline so try next time. any way i am still waiting for my call and also eager to enter 2011 i wont give up

the deadline for visa issuance is 9/30.

consulate can call applicant early october to inform them visa is ready for pick up or stamping on passport, as long as visa itself was issued no later than sept 30th.

but consulate cannot issue visa after 9/30.

so either AP was completed and visa adjudicated and issued before the deadline (9/30 midnite) or the case stops being processed (i.e. game over).

good luck and let us know how it goes!!

I received a call from the embassy Accra to the come to the embassy on 15th October at 1pm prompt will it be for visa issuance or given back of my documents? i am praying

i dont know, maybe you could call them to ask.

it could be that they have already issued your visa and are setting up an appointment for you to have it stamped on your passport.

but only the consulate can tell you!!

please let us know how it goes.

also if you get your visa (i hope you will) it would be great if you could post here the date of issuance that is printed on the visa, we are all curious to know whether the consulate would issue anything after 1st oct.