• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Administrative Clearance & Affidative of Support

directlink2007

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everybody :)

Good day

I am a 2008 DV winner. After I had my interview, they asked me to submit additional documents (a CV, a transcript of my bachelor degree) which I submitted on the day after the interview. Later on after 15 days they told me that my file required additional administrative processing and that they would let me know when it was complete.

They haven't asked me for an affidative of support...
Do you think that they may ask me to bring one later??!
or if they wanted an affidative of support, they would had already asked me to bring one when they asked me to submit the additional documents on the interview day?!!

I'd like to read your valuable opinions.

Have a good day :)

Hello Everybody :)

Good day

I am a 2008 DV winner. After I had my interview, they asked me to submit additional documents (a CV, a transcript of my bachelor degree) which I submitted on the day after the interview. Later on after 15 days they told me that my file required additional administrative processing and that they would let me know when it was complete.

They haven't asked me for an affidative of support...
Do you think that they may ask me to bring one later??!
or if they wanted an affidative of support, they would had already asked me to bring one when they asked me to submit the additional documents on the interview day?!!

I'd like to read your valuable opinions.

Have a good day :)

They asked you what they needed and you have given them. Why then do you want to give them what they didn't ask?
Don't complicate matters. Wait for them to complete administrative processing. They will contact you thereafter.

My case is same as you. "additional administrative processing" means name check or background check by FBI. This is basically for muslim names. This may take around 2-6 months.