adjustment of status

sturielle

hi! i am currently scheduled for an interview for adjustment of status sometime mid this year. I came here on a visitor's visa on april 2001 but had my employer's petition filed on sept of 2000. My problem now is whether or not i will be able to petition my boyfriend (who is a crewman) if i get married before my interview. He too, has a pending employer's petition (from years ago) but never reach labor certification. I hope i can get an advice from you....

Out of status F1

Jagsingh1 I hope you can help me with this adjustment of status thing too?

- Hi, I am in the US on a student visa, however I am out of status because I am not in school this semester. I received a letter from my school saying I have until April 8th to say what is happening with me and until September 8th to file for reinstatement.

Whilst I have been engaged for a number of months I was planning to return to my country to get a new F1 visa (current one will expire in May), get married there etc. but there was a flooding crisis there and travel was not recommended. My fiance wants us to get married now before April 8th, so I'm trying to do all this research about the process. What I would like to know is if I get married before April 8th or later on by September 8th - what would be my due process?

- for instance how can I do a change of status when I'm (in fact) out of status? Everything that I'm looking at says "in valid F1 status", which I'm not so what should I do? How should I proceed?

Also my fiance is a permanent resident who is eligible for Citizenship in a year - when filing, can his status be adjusted during the process and thereby affect the overall process?

Thanks in advance for your shedding light on my situation.