Adjustment of Status while I-140 approved for CP

vsc_waiter01

Registered Users (C)
Anybody in the same situation as mine.

I140 approved for CP and applied for Adj 0f staus with Vermont on Aug 2nd week 2001. In this column some people written about informing NVC to hold the I40 file or so. But My attorney says no such thing and wait for approval. Can someone give an iput?

Same case.

I am in the same boat as you. My lawyer said that VSC will request for I140 file from NVC. Hence, I am just waiting for the approval.

Approved with a similar situation

Hi,

I too had applied for my AOS after my I140 was approved for CP. In fact, NVC had sent my papers to the Indian consulate. I believe you can request NVC to hold the papers based on some notice from NVC to your lawyer. The lawyer has to respond to that notice, otherwise the papers are automatically sent to the consulate.

However, it was beyond my control and my AOS was approved.

Hope this helps.

Please provide the details

Hi,
Would you provide the details of your approval like 1-140 approval date, RD of 485, ND and AD. Also, if you can tell, if it took extra time than other, would help us to guess.

Thanks,

Even my I-140 was approved for CP

but I am adjusting the Status here in USA. I already informed NVC about this and the NVC said that they sent my file to INS on March 1st as INS requested that.
my details
RD : 7/26/01
ND : 9/19/01
FP : 12/7/01
AVM Message : FP recieved and Case Resumed

No Title

This is a good info. Devanathan, can you please share some more info? Should we include the original I 140 along with the AOS application? Is it going to be enough? Did you include any other original documents?

No Title

mmm_485, is your 485 already approved? What are the other original documents that you have included? I am also in the same boat. My RD is in nov. Can you please post your details? Thanks.

No Title

I have\'nt informed NVC so far as I did\'nt receive a notification from NVC and lawyer got it. When applied for AOS ,lawer put a copy of I140 with the application. Should I infor NVC about it as it seems too late as my 485 was submitted in Aug 01.

If you have a copy of Your I-140 approval you can call NVC at

603-334-0700 and aksed them about your status, whether the file is sent to INS or not. You can give them your I-140 approval notice reciept number.

For indiaeb2

Hi,

My details:

EB3 PD 05/1997
I485 RD 03/2001, AD 02/2002

I don\'t think there was any delay in 485 processing. But I did get an RFE for Employer letter and past 3 pay stubs. My company sent all that and I got my approval in one week after RFE submission.

Hope this helps.

Original I-140 approval with 485 filing documents

My 140 was approved in June 2000 and I got a letter from NVC in July 2000 telling me my papers were transferred to the consulate abroad. When I spoke to IIO about this, she told me that there are many cases like mine and INS recalls the papers sometime in the process.. not necessarily when assigned to an officer.
  My case was approved in 3 weeks from speaking to IIO. Only thing I can say is that my original I-140 approval was included with a copy when filing 485. Maybe my papers came back.. maybe not. Including the original 140 approval may be the trick to avoid any delay.
  Also, I know this for a fact.. IIO\'s flag your record when you call them. Chances are your case will be assigned to an officer quickly if you call the IIO when you see some of your fellow similar RD getting approved. But calling too often makes them angry and they also can delay your case intentionally for wasting their time. So, call once. then call again after 3 weeks. If they tell you that your case is assigned to an officer.. please dont call them again.