Adjustment of status interview ended with " no final decision"!!! Please help neeeded!

Thanks to everyone who have given their insight and encouragement. Keep up the good works. I'll see you guys at the I-751 thread -2 years from now.

congrats Vuenj for your wife!

hey l lovethe80's I was going to asked yesterday when were you going to go home and hey here is the information, Have fun in there I can't wait to go to my home country as well. Welcome back Bluesky thank you Now it' time to enjoy the Greencard live. And for those who haven't get it yet you will guys

I love you all.

Yes, the first thing I did when I got my green card was book my flight!

That was so Nice Ilovethe80's that you booked a flight right away. From my part I am going to do a very rare thing we are going to first fix a couple of things here before booking a flight for december to go to my home country.

That will be so nice. I hope must o the ones that still waiting have get the benefit of traveling as soon as possible.

Hi Co.Ador, Ilove80's

Congratulations to both of you. I am back after a long break.

Co.Ador how was your interview? U guys going out on vacation?

Rest of guys just stick in there and your day will come. Trust your instincts

Today It's been exactly 2 months since the interview and still nothing at all... I'm taking an infopass appointment but I already know it's probably not going to clear anything up.

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY got it! I had to wait almost 45 days after interview, interview on 03/11 card production ordered 04/27.

I had a INFOPASS appt on Friday (04/24), the officer at the window said my case was still in processing as per the computer. She then asked me to write a letter to interviewing officer, and she will deliver it to the interviewing officer. I did that and then on Monday (04/27) my I-485 was approved and card production ordered.

I am not sure if the INFOPASS appt did the trick for sure. But looking at the steps and timeline, for me it looks like INFOPASS appt helped me get it move forward.

Also I heard that if you do not hear anything for 30 days after interview and then you schedule a INFOPASS appt, the USCIS should take a step forward in your case withing 2 weeks. ie, they should either approve the case, or if they need for info mail you about the info needed.

Hope this information helps to all other applicants waiting on their case.

Today It's been exactly 2 months since the interview and still nothing at all... I'm taking an infopass appointment but I already know it's probably not going to clear anything up.

Cinnamoroll definitely go for INFOPASS. Looks like it helped me moving my case forward.

I heard that after INFOPASS appt, the officer on your case has to provide somekind of resolution within 2 weeks.

Thanks for your posts syapru! I hope the infopass appointement will clear things up, it's next week, we'll see. Congrats on your recent upadtes! :)

How Do I Delay Stokes Interview?

I have stokes interview coming up in two weeks. I need to delay it to allow my spouse (USC) to get better treatment. Suffers major depression with manic episodes and anxiety (all true medical diagnoses) consequent to job lose late last year. She is not compliant with medications hence the botched up first interview. At this point I am not sure her condition will ever be managed enough for her to survice a stokes interview. Is it OK to mention her mental difficulties as a reason for seeking to delay the interview? What will be the consequence if the is never well enough to attend? Your help appreciated. Thanks.

Can Stokes Interview Be Delayed Coz. Wife Has Mental Health Issues?

I have stokes interview coming up in two weeks. I need to delay it to allow my spouse (USC) to get better treatment. Suffers major depression with manic episodes and anxiety (all true medical diagnoses) consequent to job lose late last year. She is not compliant with medications hence the botched up first interview. At this point I am not sure her condition will ever be managed enough for her to survice a stokes interview. Is it OK to mention her mental difficulties as a reason for seeking to delay the interview? What will be the consequence if the is never well enough to attend? Your help appreciated. Thanks.

We went to our infopass today, and the lady said that the officer who interviewed us decided that we needed a second interview. That's what we thought, but still it sucks, cause that means that she thinks we are frauding which so not the case :(
She said that there is no way to find out when the second interview is gonna be scheduled or within how much time we will get a notice, but that it can take up to 6 months from the interview date. She also gave us a paper that says:

"The status of this service request is:
The application is currently pending scheduling of an interview. You will be notified by mail when your case is scheduled for an appointment."

When we will receive the interview notice and before going to the actual interview, we will definitly go see the lawyer for advices and maybe even have her come with us on the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to our infopass today, and the lady said that the officer who interviewed us decided that we needed a second interview. That's what we thought, but still it sucks, cause that means that she thinks we are frauding which so not the case :(
She said that there is no way to find out when the second interview is gonna be scheduled or within how much time we will get a notice, but that it can take up to 6 months from the interview date. She also gave us a paper that says:

"The status of this service request is:
The application is currently pending scheduling of an interview. You will be notified by mail when your case is scheduled for an appointment."

When we will receive the interview notice and before going to the actual interview, we will definitly go see the lawyer for advices and maybe even have her come with us on the interview.

So sorry to hear that cinnamoroll. I wish you all the best. Keep us posted. Take care.

We are in Miami.
We have talked to a good lawyer and we are going to go see her when we will receive the letter for the interview, but so far still no news, or update...

it's going to be all right cinamomroll I remember shyrmpie had the same situation she was schedule for another interview. Guys don't panic everything is going to be all right.

Hey Bluesky and Ilovethe80's never thought this thread was going to have so many responses.

I love you all guys and I know things will get into place...

Hey KSP Nice you came back from home...

Wish you the best to all of you have a wonderful journey!

it's going to be all right cinamomroll I remember shyrmpie had the same situation she was schedule for another interview. Guys don't panic everything is going to be all right.

Hey Bluesky and Ilovethe80's never thought this thread was going to have so many responses.

I love you all guys and I know things will get into place...

Hey KSP Nice you came back from home...

Wish you the best to all of you have a wonderful journey!

Hey co.ador, so nice to see you here again. I just got back from my month-long trip to my home country. I had a great vacation!

All the best to everybody here.

hey, guys it helps a lot to read all you experiences with the gc interviews.
I want to share mine too. Me and my hubby had an interview on may 13, 2009 in garden city, NY. We waited for more than an hour before being called. The officer at first seemed to be very unfriendly but turned to be quite alright. the interview lasted about 30-35 minutes and the io talked a lot about himself. For instance he asked me how came i knew english so well and i said i studied linguistics in college. i also said i took german and french classes and he said something to me in german and french and then went on with a pretty long story how he grew up in french environment and then as he was a military was transferred to germany where he had lived for 3 years and so on... is that a common experience? we didn't get any tricky questions. but my story is rather unusual cause ive been in the us for 2 years and already been married twice although my first husband never filed for me and we got married in vegas and never lived together (a pretty crazy story). naturally the io noticed that. we got our case pending... we are married in good faith with my hubby nevertheless i am worried and tired of waiting (more than 2 weeks now) like everydody here :( i look at timelines of people everything happens very quickly now. we got our interview in 2,5 months after filing... the answer seems to be taking forever though((

can any one help me? J1 waiver requested for I 485

after 10 years i have been asked for this J1 waiver which i do not have.
but i received an L1 visa and after H1 and extensions during the 10 year
now i am in the final stages of getting the green card, USCIS has requested me to prove that i had a J1 waiver. i am not sure how 11 years ago my lawyer got me the visa with out the waiver.
does any one recommend a good lawer or any suggestions.
thank you
hchatwal