Adjourned in Contemplation of Dismissal (ACD) and naturalization

nylap

Hi,everyone:

I got the problem and need help from you .Please respond any kind of advise will be great!

My wife got green card approved in Mar/2005 and she should be ready to file her N-400 at the end of this year .but actully she got arrested in oct/2006 because that time she was working in a day spa as a cashier in the front desk .that site was busted by cops because of massage without proper license and she stayed in jail for overnight then was released without bond in the next day.after two times showing up on the court ,she did not plea guilty and was given Adjourned in Contemplation of Dismissal (ACD) without any program or community service by the judge.and the charge was dismissed in 6 months.

We have the questions as following:

1:Would she be able to file n-400 at the end of this year or she need to wait until 5 years from the incident's date?

2:what is the chance she will get approved if she file the N-400 at the end of this year?

3:How do we fill these questions from q17-q20?

Many thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,everyone:

I got the problem and need help from you .Please respond any kind of advise will be great!

My wife got green card approved in Mar/2005 and she should be ready to file her N-400 at the end of this year .but actully she got arrested in oct/2006 because that time she was working in a day spa as a cashier in the front desk .that site was busted by cops because of massage without proper license and she stayed in jail for overnight then was released without bond in the next day.after two times showing up on the court ,she did not plea guilty and was given Adjourned in Contemplation of Dismissal (ACD) without any program or community service by the judge.and the charge was dismissed in 6 months.

We have the questions as following:

1:Would she be able to file n-400 at the end of this year or she need to wait until 5 years from the incident's date?

2:what is the chance she will get approved if she file the N-400 at the end of this year?

3:How do we fill these questions from q17-q20?

Many thanks!!!

She may apply this year
She have to mark Yes on these questions.
If she wasn't directly involved in that accident(you said she was a cashier), she should be alright.
Just bring dockets from court/police station, that she has never been charged with felony. If she was working directly without proper license, it could impact her case.

She will have to disclose the incident as an arrest and being detained, but not as a conviction as she never had to plead guilt (and I assume no contest as well). She can apply now as ACD in this case would not be considered a conviction for immigration purposes.