address for citizenship purposes

harsha_c

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Does CIS look or verify the addresses listed when one applies for citizenship?

I have currently listed a friends address state as my address which I have listed as a my address for credit cards, bank account etc. I do not have any lease or utility bills for the location. I stay couple of months in different places based on my project work.

Thanks

Provided that you are actually residing in the United States and not abroad, USCIS looks at where you file your income tax.

What about your license? My interviewing officer specifically asked my how long I have resided at the given address.

What about your license? My interviewing officer specifically asked my how long I have resided at the given address.

If you file your income taxes from Florida and have a Texas driver's license, you would be committing fraud on so many levels on a variety of issues in at least two states and under federal laws.

What's your point? Having such a situation would cause the Officer to ask something like...... Exactly whom are you defrauding and in how many different ways?

Hi,

Does CIS look or verify the addresses listed when one applies for citizenship?

I have currently listed a friends address state as my address which I have listed as a my address for credit cards, bank account etc. I do not have any lease or utility bills for the location. I stay couple of months in different places based on my project work.

Thanks

You are not obligated to glue yourself to one location. USA is still a free country.

What you should have done is consulting an immigration attorney and ask what Jurisdiction you fall under if you have mobile job and don't stay in one place for more than a couple of month. Your attorney also receives all correspondence on your behalf.

Everything is utterly simple in N-400 application and you don't need to be overly crafty to ride a bicycle around your house as if it was F-1 racing car.

If you have a job requiring you to frequently move, simply state so. It's no crime to have mobile job and use a fixed address for correspondence.

At issue is the matter of jurisdiction and you may wish to ask a practicing immigration lawyer to assist you to properly fill out your application.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: