Address Different (Need Advice)

Lotusbawa

Registered Users (C)
I live in different address but have given my brothers home address as my permanent address(as i have to travel on job a lot) when i filed my I-485 at NSC (RD: May 20th 2002, ND: June 03rd 2002). I got my EAD, AP and got my FP done). There is one more issue i.e now I will be moving from my current home address to another new address this month end i.e August 01st 2002. Do i need to notify INS my change of Address. Is there any problem if i give my brothers home address as my permanent address as i live in same city but at different address. Please advise me.

Not a serious issue.

But if you do not want to maintain your brother's address, you can file a AR11.

How to maintain address?

Jaxen,

You said, you can maintain borhter's address.

In the eyes of INS, what is a proof of address?

I mean do they ask for bills, bank statements, etc? If yes, then all those may show my new address, and if I use my brother's address (as in this case), how can I prove that address as mine?

No need of proof.

INS believes what you say. But if you happen to go the local INS for something and you show your Drivers license which has a different address that might cause a problem.

LOTUSBAWA, JAXEN,

I have similar case, I have given my friends address in the application since I intend to move to new location within the city of state.

Also my wife has not changed her Drivers licence issued by different state. Should she change it or indicate the change of address after we move.