Address details on N-400

swadhwani

Registered Users (C)
I am filling out the N-400 form and realized that I had moved around 5 years ago, but don't have the exact date of my move (I don't have a copy of the AR-11 form that I submitted to the INS ragarding that address change either). Is it okay to list just an "approximate" date in the address section? Does the INS match the dates in the address section of the N-400 form to the AR-11 submitted to them? Anyone have experiences with this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sanjiv

The new seems requires to put the exact date for "From" and "To" date.

My co-worker could not find one of the exact date for his address (either the from date or to date), and I suggested him to put the first day of the month and just mention it is an approximate date.

in the form I filed last yr, it only asked the month and year.

Hi there!

When I filed N-400 in 01/06, I listed "month/year to month/year" for my address during the past five years, including my temp. address overseas.

That is right. I did not remember the exact dates - I used the new form - so all they got was month and year ;-). I do not really care about it too much. They have the AR-11s, so those bureaucrats can do some work for the $$ they are paid ;-).

LegalAlien:

Did you temp address outside the country create any problem wrt continuity of residence?

Thanks,

sresan said:
LegalAlien:

Did you temp address outside the country create any problem wrt continuity of residence?

Thanks,

Hi there!

Not as of yet. I am waiting for the interview to be scheduled. I must say though that I had a reentry permit was overseas on that permit. If you read the Guide To Naturalization under "continuous residence & physical presence" it list something I call the "4 year + 1 day" rule which applies to my case.

Therefore, I do not expect any problems during the interview.

Cheers,
Nico

addresses on equifax reports

swadhwani,

You can get a report from equifax and /or other credit agency (free report) which will contain all the addresses and the date when you reported the move to the credit card companies. I would think even federal agencies would use the same type of info.

For those for which were not in credit report, I used 1st of the month as move-in date and end of month (eg 30) as move-out date.

I have mailed my application 2 weeks back.

Subbu