Address changes

miho1

Registered Users (C)
I have filed my I-485 and I am now thinking about moving to a different apartment. Will this be a problem? I heard it is not very wise to change address once you file your 485. Has anybody changed his/her address and had problems with the INS? Since the INS will not forward anything to my new address, I want to make sure that the address will be updated.

Thanks

No Title

Miho,
 I did move after I applied for I-485. You have to send a letter indicating your new address to INS. Your attorney should be able to help you with this. My finger printing notice did come to my new address. My attorney received FP notice too, but the strange thing was, on the notice that he received it contained our old address. So there is no guarantee of the way INS works. Good luck.

No Title

I had the same situation as nscsep99. Its has not been a problem so far. You can even update your records while you get your FP done.
I hope it helps. Good Luck.

No Title

I think I came across a post where someone mentioned we can use a PO box. Is PO Box ok for INS, will anyone confirm?

No Title

Miho, we did move apaptment within the same city , and our lawyer sent a letter to NSC for change of address. We got our approval a couple of weeks later, and INS sent the courtesy copies to our old address. We never received it, i guess the postal authorities sent them back. However the originals were sent to our lawyer and we could get our passports stamped. We gave our new address to the IIO while stamping. No problem at all. Incidentally we had called the INS a couple of weeks later \'cos the AVM said notices have been \'returned" and they re- sent all the courtesy copies to our new address.

Hope this helps.
Mickey