Address change

RAGHUC

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I have searched previous postings to find out how to notify the address change, but I couldn't find.

How to notify the address change to INS/CIS?
Is there any address?

Is it good to open an account with MAILBOXETC which is now UPS and inform CIS about this change?

Any comments are highly appreciated

Raghu

After submiting the address change form, I think you'd better to call Nebraska Service Center and talk to a representative to make sure they see the change too.

I've just moved and notified my lawyer. She wrote back saying that "you must" call BCIS to update your address (in addition to AR-11). I don't think it's required by law but it's rather to be safe. Anyway, the phone number is 800-375-5283.

In my case lawyer said they are going to send a seperate change of address notification wrt the pending I 485. You might want to ask your lawyer to the same.

I have called National SC in the first week of Aug/03 to inform my change of address. After updating the records they said that I will receive a confirmatory letter to that effect within 30 days which I never got.

Today after seeing this post, out of curiosity I called the National SC number to check to see if my address has been updated. To my shock the lady on the other end said that no information came up in their system regarding my earlier call to change the address.

I went through the whole precess once again with this lady to update my address. She told me once again what they told me three months ago i.e. I will get a confirmatory letter from Nebraska SC within 30 days.

She had no ansewrs for all my questions in this regard. All she said was that she had updated the system with my new address now.

I have sent my AR-11 form withing 10 days of changing the address and also have asked my attorney to send a letter to NSC informing them about my new address. I have not heard from my attorney on this after that.

I do not know what to do to know that my address has been updated in BCIS records.

Please advise.
-------------------------------------------------

I-485 RD 09/27/02 and ND 10/17/02
Second EAD applied on 09/24/03

Address

I just moved. How to send the AR-11 form? can I send it by registered mail with Receipt due or overnight or just regular mail. any tips would be helpful. I'm planning to call the 1-800 number after mailing the forms. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I have sent them with return receipt. We have to fill one for each member in the family. Keep a photo copy for your records.

The form itself specifies two addresses. One is for the overnight mailing, the other one is for regular mail. Both addresses are at the bottom of the form.

AR-11 alone is not enough. You'll need to send a separate letter to the CIS service which processes your I485 case. Check your I485 receipt notice and use the address on that form.

If I'm waiting for the plastic card (I-485 approved), but BCIS didn't change my address as I filed and sent the plastic card to my old address?

Will the post office forward the mail or I will face some big trouble?

thanks

All information is very useful, and also I came to know that we need to submit G-731 form using page 2 .

Regards

Originally posted by linli
If I'm waiting for the plastic card (I-485 approved), but BCIS didn't change my address as I filed and sent the plastic card to my old address?

Will the post office forward the mail or I will face some big trouble?

It depends on your old post office. Some offices don't care what type of mail they need to forward. Other offices follow the rules very strictly and don't forward such mail. In any case, it's not a big trouble as your case is already approved and you have your passport stamped. No one will take it away from you if you don't do anything illigal.

Try to call BCIS to make sure they updated your address. You will need your receipt # for that. Also, you can check the status online and if it says your card has been sent and you don't receive it for 10 days (I think), call BCIS and they will probably re-order the card.

Originally posted by waitingformyGC
AR-11 alone is not enough. You'll need to send a separate letter to the CIS service which processes your I485 case. Check your I485 receipt notice and use the address on that form.

I think you can do it by phone. I did it this morning and I was told that they would update my case. Anyway, my lawyer told me just to file AR-11 and call the customer service to update the case.