Address Change

junfiler

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone please help me on this? I filed my I-485 in June 2001 and not yet approved. I have to move to another state in one week due to project requirements. How do I get my address changed? Can I just call up VSC and change address over phone? Are there any other forms? How soon does it get updated in their system?

Any experience?

Thanks
Junfiler

No Title

This is what I would do

1. Go to postoffice, pick up the address change form, and fill it up, and drop it right there. They will forward the approval notice

2. Call my attorney and update the address, incase if I loose the approval notice during the forwarding...at lease the attorney can send you the copy or the original

3. Keep the old apt until the approval comes....it is right around the corner....there are lot of June RD approvals....

4. Call IIO and update the address...it will be updated in couple of days... but I don\'t do this mistake at this moment...esp when there are lot of JUNE filers getting approved.....it may not be a good thing to update address...

Thanks a lot milk

I too do not want to change address at this time. But, as the approvals are not predictable, I may have to change address, if my approval is going to take longer. I also have another question. I live in New Jersey now. If I move out of state, Can I get it stamped at an INS office in the new state? or do I have to come to NJ?

Thanks
Junfiler

U can call VSC and change address on phone

Hi,

I have moved to new residence recently. I called VSC and informed about new address. We can change address by phone. It is the fastest and most reliable way. Only thing is you have to keep calling to get a a chance to talk to IIO. They sent me my FP to new address.

kvreddy

Thank you

Thanks kvreddy. Does anyone know if the stamping can be done from another state in case of a move to new state?

Junfiler

That\'s why do this way

If you know your new address, update it everywhere. Otherwise, hold your mail for maximum period, by filling the yellow card in the postoffice and also better tell them that you are expecting a mail from INS(I did the same thing for FP). They said they will hold it for me. After you move to your new address, forward mail to new address. The hold bunch will come to you.
Also update your attorney, your company and also call VSC(prefered to do it first) and update it.
There won\'t be any problem.Good luck.

But keep checking with INS until the New Address get updated.

In my case my attorney sent change of address request on 9/24/01 and also I called VSC within a week and informed about my new address. My RD is 7/6/01. But when I called VSC again on 2/5/02 to ask for FP notice I got shock because the IIO told me that their database still shows my old address and FP is not scheduled and I gave me new address again and got my FP notice end of Feb 2002 which is scheduled for 2nd week of April. So after informing INS with your new address please keep checking with INS until the New Address get updated.

Good Luck!

Vivek

You can

You can get the stamping done anywhere in US....to my knowledge...but ask your attorney or Jim Mills on this website...

Don\'t change the address with INS until you get your approval!

If you change your address to another state at this stage, you are likely to get an RFE, which will certainly delay the processing of your case.

Do what the other poster suggests: file change of address with the post office and your attorney. Report the new address to INS only after you hear your approval on AVM. And be sure to tell your attorney not to file a change of address card with INS.