Address Change

dogra7

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I have got my green card and I have recently changed my address a week back. What do I need to notify USCIS of my new address change. Please assist.

you download the AR11 form from the USCIS website and mail it in.. that's it.. and you should be done... by the way, CONGRATS on the GC.

If you and your family already received your card, then I dont think have to update your adress with USCIS, However you will need to fill out AR11.

AR-11 Form Question

Thanks a lot for quick reply.

Quick Question. In AR-11 form, there are following 2 fields:

Port of entry into U.S.
Date of entry into U.S.

I had gone to India for vacation for 3 weeks and came back like 2 months back. Will the above entries be for my last trip or the very first time I entered U.S.

How do I send this AR-11 form. Will it be a certified mail or a normal postal mail.

Will address change speed up my EAD/AP?

Hi, friends,

I remember I read many posters about address change, but now no time to search and read them again carefully. If someone are very familiar with this issue, please confirm me:

I will move to another state (from VSC to NSC) in 10 days. As an alien (F1), I need to report address change via AC11 mail within 10 days after move. Can I report it now?

My EAD/AP are still pending in VSC. Will AC11 help to change address for my EAD/AP (as well as AOS later)? Do I need to call national service center, or mail to them? Will they transfer my cases to NSC (Is it good or bad?), or issue EAD/AP approval directly from VSC immediately? (My EAD/AP have been pending for two months, very long compared with those 2 week approvals.)

I appreciate your suggestions!

Best!

dogra7 said:
Guys,

I have got my green card and I have recently changed my address a week back. What do I need to notify USCIS of my new address change. Please assist.
If nothong is pending with USCIS you don't have to notify them. However you must file AR11 with Dept. Of Homeland Security.

Last edited by a moderator:
oxa1 said:
Hi, friends,
I will move to another state (from VSC to NSC) in 10 days. As an alien (F1), I need to report address change via AC11 mail within 10 days after move. Can I report it now?

My EAD/AP are still pending in VSC. Will AC11 help to change address for my EAD/AP (as well as AOS later)? Do I need to call national service center, or mail to them? Will they transfer my cases to NSC (Is it good or bad?), or issue EAD/AP approval directly from VSC immediately? (My EAD/AP have been pending for two months, very long compared with those 2 week approvals.)

Best!
Inform them only after you move.

You need to call up VSC and update your address against each pending case.

Case transfer might happen, it depends on VSC. All cases are not transferred.

Last edited by a moderator: