Address change

gkrishna999

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I changed my address in November 2003 and submitted AR11 FORM also.
So far I have not received any confirmation from USCIS. Can I call to 1-800 number and confirm with them. Do they give information if i call to them?

gkrishna999 said:
Hi,

I changed my address in November 2003 and submitted AR11 FORM also.
So far I have not received any confirmation from USCIS. Can I call to 1-800 number and confirm with them. Do they give information if i call to them?

Did you changed the address by calling 1-800 apart from submitting AR -11.

If so, It will take 30 days to get a confirmation letter, I got like that.

If you not changed address by calling 1-800, plese do so, because AR-11 does not change adress on your pending cases.

I don't think that INS always sends address change confirmation, when u call 1-800 to do so. Even though they actually change your address.

You may confirm by calling the number again.

THANK YOU VERYMUCH.
I have one more question. Is it ok if i call them now. Because I changed my address in november2003 and send the AR11 in november2003. If i call them now do not they question me.

Just give customer service a call and confirm the address they have on record for all your pending cases.

I have heard that changing of address during I-485 pending may cause the possible delay or mess up of the case. Is it OK to change address even before the 1FP notice is received? :confused:

I changed my address by phone and filed AR11. I got the confirmation for change of address by mail. Also my LUD changed after couple of weeks. I don't think the change of address impacts your I-485. Even if it does, do you have any choice?
In fact, there was a posting in this forum that a guy got his approval (mar 03 applicant) after changing address.

I sent AR-11 and also called them and informed about the new address. I even got confirmation letter within 6 weeks to the new address. But the funny thing was, they sent my 2nd FP notice to my old address. Now I don't know which address they got in their records. I need to call them. When I went to FP, there in their records they got my old address only, but the lady over there noted my new address. Let us see what happens now.

does the online status show that you are invited for Fp?

If they sent it to old address, i want to know if at least, the online message shows that you have been invited for FP?

thanks in advance

what number should I call ?

I am going to change address too. I filed in VSC. What number should I call for the address change ? Just call the 800) 375-5283 National service center or any other specific number ?

Help please....

Please help

Even i sent my address change my mail using AR11 form last month. But i did not call them. Will this cause any problem? Also i did not receive any letter from them regarding my address change.. Please advise what i should do.

thanks in advance

If you have any pending cases (say I-485,EAD renewal,AP renewal etc), you need to call 1-800 # and talk to customer rep and update your address.

There is no way by submitting AR-11 form will update for your pending cases.

You dont need to tell when you moved to the new address to the rep.

Thanks,
~Mad

Thank You

Yes i do have a pending I485. But can you please tell me whether i can call them now. Because i heard we should call them within ten days after address change. I did send the form within ten days but i did not call them.

Thanks in Advance

Make sure you let the post office know...

In my case I sent the AR-11, talked to the 800 number, let the immigration officer know the new address at the time of passport stamping and also informed the post office about the change of address. The thing that worked for me was the change of address filed with the post office. They forwarded my plastic cadr to the new address. Hope this helps.

Hi All,

On 7/16 I called USCIS for address change. They said I will receive my address change confirmation letter by mail..So far I haven't received. But on 8/4(wed) CIS issued an RFE I received an email notification. My Laywer hasn't receieved the RFE notice yet. I was wondering if my address change has anything to do with my lawyer not getting RFE notice? Or It is taking time in mail? Also What should I Do its about 9 days...?? Most of the people receive there mails with in 3-4 days of the email notification..

Please help!!

If you called 1800... number and holding for customer service rep to come and are in queue , the message that comes in between says You have to call them and make them change the address even though you sent AR-11 form.