Address change

laava

Registered Users (C)
I moved in last September and notified TSC by calling the 1-800 service line and sending a letter to TSC to make the address change for both my wife and me. However, we heard nothing from them. Is this normal? Do they always send confirmation letter for address change? How can I make sure the address is updated?

Thanks!

I moved at the end of Oct. and received a change of address confirmation concerning my 485 application about a month later. Did the person you were talking to ask you for receipt numbers for all your pending applications? They did for me.

You are also required to complete and submitt the AR-11 form. This is required by law.

Yes, I sent the AR11. However, it has nothing to do with my pending cases.

When I called, the lady did ask for my receipt number, A#, when they were received.

Is it a good idea to call again?

Calling them again is not a bad idea at all ! When i moved to the new city, i called the toll free number to update my new address, they asked for the SRC**** . I called them again after 3-4 weeks to make sure they have the current address, they had the correct Info. So, it's not a bad idea !

Is submitting AR-11 form not enough?

When I moved 6 months back, I completed and sent the AR-11 form. However I did not call the 800 number to update the address on the pending I-485 application? Shouldn't the AR-11 form trigger the change in addresss?

Thanks.

You mean they will tell you the current address in their system on the phone?

Originally posted by ManiG
Calling them again is not a bad idea at all ! When i moved to the new city, i called the toll free number to update my new address, they asked for the SRC**** . I called them again after 3-4 weeks to make sure they have the current address, they had the correct Info. So, it's not a bad idea !

I moved last Nov in the same city

I sent a letter to TSC including the my 485 receipt number and A#, and highlight your new and old home address besides the AR-11. Two month later, I got my FP notice at my new home address and address change comfirmation letter. It does hurt to send them the letter and call 800 number.

Good luck,

When i called INS for the 2nd time, i mentioned to them that i am calling to make sure that they have my current address. She didn't say anything, asked my SRC**** and current address, and she said yeah..that's what we have it on our system.........so i sort of double checked ......