Address change with USCIS is a mess

baby_mde

Registered Users (C)

Exactly 45 days back we have changed address online on pending 485 applications. We did not receive any confirmation. Please suggest what I should do?

Don't worry

Sometimes you receive, sometimes you won't. Its not a big deal. I changed almost 4 addresses since I filed I-485, but everytime I did not get any confirmation mail. But I checked by calling them in case if I did not get any confirmation. Wait for few more days and call USCIS to check they have correct address on your file. If they don't then tell your address on telephone. If they have already updated then say "Thank you" and hung up. :cool:

Sometimes you receive, sometimes you won't. Its not a big deal. I changed almost 4 addresses since I filed I-485, but everytime I did not get any confirmation mail. But I checked by calling them in case if I did not get any confirmation. Wait for few more days and call USCIS to check they have correct address on your file. If they don't then tell your address on telephone. If they have already updated then say "Thank you" and hung up. :cool:

When I changed last time, I asked them whether address is changed on the file. They said they don't know any thing about it. They said, they can only send a request.

I moved once since I filed I485 and no matter how many times I tried to update my address with USCIS they still send I485-related correspondence to the old address. It is a mess.

When I changed my address with USCIS, the LUD on my 485 got updated..I am hoping they updated my address..!!

When I changed my address online, I did notice a LUD change and did get a letter as well. Did your LUD change? Also the most fool-proof method is to take an InfoPass and get the address changed at the local office. I did that as well. I am not sure what caused the letter to be generated. Online thing or visiting local office

Last edited by a moderator:

Exactly 45 days back we have changed address online on pending 485 applications. We did not receive any confirmation. Please suggest what I should do?

USCIS sucks!! I made the address change for me, spouse and kid. Got the acknowledgement from USCIS but the next letter went to old address and returned for my spouse :mad:

Take a infopass to verify the address change!

I think even if there database shows your correct address and you are told so at an infopass you are still not guaranteed to receive mail at the new address. I think what happens a lot with FP notices, for instance, is that an officer picks up your old file, takes the address that's in the application and does not bother to look for an update in the computer. They know that if you don't receive the FP notice and miss the appointment your case will be automatically closed, and you will (automatically) send a motion to reopen and that represents an extra $400 to them for no extra burden. Stupidity and incompetence in USCIS is what maintains the cash flow.

When I changed my address online, I did notice a LUD change and did get a letter as well. Did your LUD change? Also the most fool-proof method is to take an InfoPass and get the address changed at the local office. I did that as well. I am not sure what caused the letter to be generated. Online thing or visiting local office

Did you change online??

yes, as I mentioned in the post. I did all three: online, on phone and in-person (since I had an interview scheduled)

As address did not update on the file when I changed it online, I would like to take an infopass appointment. What are documents that I should carry?

I was planning on changing my address next month and now it makes me nervous. Is it alright if I change my job too at this point? Its in the same area and with almost the same designation?

What are the requirements to fill the address change online? I mean can I do it myself or do I have to ask my lawyer to do it....since he filed the rest of the paperwork???

It's a pretty easy thing..do it yourself.
baby_mde: They did not ask for any proof. I would take my 485 receipt, proof of residence (utility bill), SSN card (wild chase they ask), EAD card for ID purposes..that should be it..I guess

Complete mess

Hi All,
I changed my house on 05/01/2007.
Address is changed on line on 05/07/07.
FP did on 05/09/2007 for my self and my spouse.

Received a mail undelivered email on 05/15/2007.
I called Customer Support and updated again on the phone on 05/07/2007.

Today i.e. on 06/07/2007, I see one change LUD with the following message again. But I did not receive any email which I normally use to receive.

On June 7, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent.

I am not sure that what is the good thing to be done now. Can you any body please guide me something!

Go visit local office and tell them you've changed twice. Ask them to update the address in the system and send a msg to service center. I did that too. Just for my sanity. And after reading ur post, I am glad I did.

As I did not receive confirmation mail from USCIS I have called them and told that i have updated address on line around 50 days back. Then she took my EAC # and said this case out of processing time since it's filed on Dec 2004. Then she requested service request and also included address change in it.

Did anyone receive confirmation letter after updating address online?

heard

As I did not receive confirmation mail from USCIS I have called them and told that i have updated address on line around 50 days back. Then she took my EAC # and said this case out of processing time since it's filed on Dec 2004. Then she requested service request and also included address change in it.

Did anyone receive confirmation letter after updating address online?

I heard that we receive the confirmation letter but even I did not receive any confirmation letter so far after updating the address on 05/07/2007.

I heard that we receive the confirmation letter but even I did not receive any confirmation letter so far after updating the address on 05/07/2007.

I updated on April 21, 2007. I did not receive any letter on this. You have wait atleast 45 days before you talk to USCIS.

I did it online and received confirmation letters for all the cases. EAD/485.
I got those letters withing 3 weeks on the new address.
I hope this will help