Address Change where does I-485 Approval goes

Appu123

Registered Users (C)
My case approved on 08/11/2004, so far not received approval letter. I changed my Apt 2 weeks back (under same post office) but called NSC and changed my address only on 08/13/2004.

I heard that approval notice will not be forwarded. Is that correct? I called my post office but they said if "don't forward is written" then I can't come to post office and collect also.

Any suggestions

Thanks

First of all, Congratulations!!
When did you see your case as approved? The address change that you made on 8/13 may not have hit your application yet. But, your lawyer should also get the approval notice. You can probably use that for stamping.

Thank you.

I filed on my own. Original will directly come to me. My question is -- does"don't forward" message is written on I-485 approval letter envolep.

Approval letter doesn't get forwarded. For us - the mail went back to USCIS, and then they sent it again to the updated address. It took around 20 days for us to get it to our home address. Hope this helped.

Usually the 485 approvals will have 'forwarding service requested', which get forwarded to your new address by post office.

Thank you tshar & ar888.

If it not forwarded incase of "tshar” then “don't forward” should be there on envelop.
But "ar888" clearly telling “Forward service requested” message on the envelope.

There may be many people on this forum, got I-485 their approval letters can you please let us know the message on I-485 envelope.

Thanks god. I got my approval notice.

Actual message on the envelope is "return service requested"

mail forwarding

I had the same change of address problem. I called them 8/27 to change the adress after the appoval date 8/25. So where did you get your approval notice? At the new address? They actually forwarded to you even with "returned service requested"?

Thanks very much!

AprilGC said:
Thanks god. I got my approval notice.

Actual message on the envelope is "return service requested"
Was your letter forwarded by the post office or was it sent to the correct address?? THANKS !!

Just want to share . . .

For me, the approval letter was addressed to my old place, but it got forwarded to my current address. But it took 10 days, and I have USCIS updated my address 2 months ago! I don't know, where the problems lies.

If you know who moved into the old house you can request them to keep an eye out or atleast return it to the sender. Trying informing the INS also.