Address change - Urgent

VALC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Over the last weekend, some bad things happened on our (my wife and I) apartment lease and we need to move out by the end of this month. The problem is that we filed I-485/I-140/I-765 concurrently on 9/10/04 (receipt date).
These days EAD card processing time is so fast, which means we could get it within one month.
As we know, INS documents are not forwarded to a new address and going back to INS, instead. Even though I change my address using AR-11, it will take at least one month.

What's the best option in this situation? :(

I hope that someone will help us.

Thank you.

VALC said:
Hi,
As we know, INS documents are not forwarded to a new address and going back to INS, instead. Even though I change my address using AR-11, it will take at least one month.

Call them and change your address on all pending applications. After a week call them to confirm if the address has been updated. Recent days USCIS had been pretty consistent with address chages.

hth
dyno

VALC said:
Hi,

Over the last weekend, some bad things happened on our (my wife and I) apartment lease and we need to move out by the end of this month. The problem is that we filed I-485/I-140/I-765 concurrently on 9/10/04 (receipt date).
These days EAD card processing time is so fast, which means we could get it within one month.

I hope that someone will help us.

Thank you.
The best option is to send the AR-11 form and then call USCIS(number is available on their website/on your receipt notice) on same day and inform them of your address change. They will ask you whether you have sent the AR-11 form and you say 'Yes'. They will update the address on your form and usually you will get a LUD change in 2 weeks.
In any case if the cards go back to USCIS, then you will still see a LUD change saying a document was returned by the Postal service. You can go to the nearest service centre tell them about your problem and the representative will initiate a request to resend the card on your new address. Thats what I did for my wife's EAD and got it resent with in 2 weeks.

Thank you

dynobuoy and templabor,

Thank you so much for you guys' quick responses.
It would really help me and my wife. :)