Address Change Urgent!! Please help.

wellwisher2002

Registered Users (C)
Filed I-485 in April, 2002 and waiting for an approval. But due to unavoidable circumstances I will have to vaccant my present house and move to another home.
1. Will it affect my GC
2. What is best for me
3. What should I do?
4. How ?
Don't have my attorney. Sponser Company is also not supporting me. Have my family with me.

Thanks a lot for this great help in advance.

Stop panicking..
If moving in the same service center jusrisdiction, its pretty simple.
Call the 800 # and inform them about the address change.
And file the AR-11.

that's it...

goodluck

Address Change Urgent!

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
I am moving in the same area code (15 miles away). Where will I get the A11 form and what exactly the 800 number. Should I send it through the attorney or directly.

Thanks

The form is AR-11 and you will get it on INS web-site at http://www.bcis.gov. Look under Immigration Forms, fees and fingerprints link on left.

I am not sure about the 1-800 number whether it's VSC number or some other no.

You don't need to send AR-11 through lawyer.

Good luck.

What should I fill in the followings (in AR 11 for Address change):
1. I am in the US as : H1 or...??
2. Copy Number from Alien Card : ??
3. I work for (Employer's Name) : ?? ( I am with new employer and the moment I mention this name, the RFE can be triggered? or what should I do here. Is it necessary to give employer's name)
4. If not a permanant resident, My stay in the US expiers on:(date) : ???
5. Where it should be mailed : Regular or Overnight mailings ???

Note : Should I send AR-11 for all my family members or just for me only: ?

Thanks in advance...

The answers.

Originally posted by wellwisher2002
What should I fill in the followings (in AR 11 for Address change):
1. I am in the US as : H1 or...??
- AOS Applicant
2. Copy Number from Alien Card : ?? -
A# from I485
3. I work for (Employer's Name) : ?? ( I am with new employer and the moment I mention this name, the RFE can be triggered? or what should I do here. Is it necessary to give employer's name)
- Could send it before you change employer.
4. If not a permanant resident, My stay in the US expiers on:(date) : ??? H1 B expiration date
5. Where it should be mailed : Regular or Overnight mailings ???
- Regular should be sufficient but send along with a confirmation receipt and KEEP THAT RECEIPT
Note : Should I send AR-11 for all my family members or just for me only: ?
- Separate for each family member.

Note: Normally, there is a lot of delay in processing AR 11 and required for all non-immigrants including GC holders. So, chance of RFE may be less about employer but better to be truthful [atleast legally]

Thanks in advance...

Thanks a lot OmGV,

This is regarding employer, I have changed my employer 6 months back and want to change the address now. What should I do for it. My GC was filed on Futrue employment basis and that company is not supporting me. Also don't have any attorney.

Thanks again..

This raises more questions.

Originally posted by wellwisher2002
Thanks a lot OmGV,

This is regarding employer, I have changed my employer 6 months back and want to change the address now. What should I do for it. My GC was filed on Futrue employment basis and that company is not supporting me. Also don't have any attorney.

Thanks again..

In which case, give the new employer name, like I said they normally donot match AR11, so it better to be truthful.
At the same time, there are other reasons for RFE and normally RFE goes to the lawyer. Are you a self petitioner? Otherwise, use G28 to change it.

Thanks for suggestions. G28 means that I should change or find a new lawyer? Otherwise everything is going fine accept this address change.

Thanks

a letter to the service center

You may have to also send a letter to the service center. When I called VSC to check if our address change got reflected in their system, upon sending AR11, the service rep. said that the AR11 is for the BCIS center at Kentucky and that I had to send a separate letter to the VSC also. Call the service center and confirm.

Thanks a lot. Can you please tell me the VSC or ...phone number? Do they pick up the phone.? In AR11 you have to mention the Employer's name also. Can we inform them through a simple application (curent / new address) instead of sending AR11.
If I want to change / find a new attorney then again I have to give the same amount of fee for proceed further. I have to do this only to receive RFE if any....