Address Change Updates

VSCFiler2002

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
Just wanted to share this information. Spoke with IIO yesterday two points worth noting:

1) Filing AR-11 is not sufficient if you have changed your address after filing I-485. You must update your address (can be done over the phone) seperately if you have an application pending

2) Post Office will not forward INS/BCIS related mail to your new address.- thats debatable I think but the IIO said this....

Its worth taking a few minutes to update your/ your derivate's address. After waiting this long let this not screw it all up!

Thanks

VSCFiler

Phone

Thank you very much for your important information. Could you advise the phone number?

did not succeed

I just tried that number - it's national customer service number and they don't change 485 cases personal information there including address. They adviced me to call Service Center.
Any question you ask them about your case they can just reply your general case status (analog of online status check)

So I don't understand how did you manage to update your address using that number.

Yes..any government related mails wouldn't be forwarded by PO even though you have notified PO on your move..

Apart from filing AR11, do call INS to update your current address in their system..

grivn

When u call the INS customer service (the 1-800 number) and go thru the menu options and select the "Change of address" option, they will take down you new address and submit a request change to your Service Centre (where u filed ur application).
I did call them up last week to verify my address change (I had submitted the AR-11 form both to Kentucky as well as to VSC).
The Customer rep told me that they dont have access to personal information and hence cannot verify the current address , however the rep took down my new address and said that they will submit the address change to the Service Center where your case is Pending (VSC in my case) and VSC will reply back within 30 days by mail confirm the change.

So try calling them again (1-800-375-5283).....Dont leave them.... Ha...

Good luck

you have to call to get ur address updated

Also its true that you have to call to update ur address on any pending application. The BCIS website clearly mentions that.

grivn

That is the right number to call:

Click these options: 1 1 2 1 - wait approx 8 -10 minutes speak with a representative -only during business hours

Adress change

If you donot update the address the mail will be received by your lawyer if you have any and he is representing you.