Address change to INS within 10 days!!!

Filing address change needed ?

Currentl my I-485 is in process and INS have my correct address with my I-485. Is I have to file address change because of my H1B(I didnot file any address change during H1b and I changed addresses twice)

If u have filed 485 with your current address do u still need fill up the change of address form to INS. I think with 485 filing INS has ur current address but u never know INS or even US law agencies. Does anyone have any clue on this.

Just talked to the lawyer on this issue

I just talked to my lawyer on this issue and she said that as long as my 485 application was filed with the current address I do not need to send in any address change form.

maliki

Disclaimer: This was her advice to me, so please follow it on your own risk

maliki

INS HQ has made is clear that filing or AR-11 (change of address) is independent of any other mean of address change notification to INS.

Meaning : AR-11 filing is MUST.

Form AR 11 is really confusing! ISSUES & HELP

I still don't understand what is going on with this address change requirement. Here are my questions:

1. Status: what status should we fill out if we are in the 485-adjustment of status stage. The options on this form don't quiet apply.
2. What is the last address on INS file. Is it the address when one last entered the U.S. or is it the address submitted in the last application to INS. This is useful to know simply because this form asks for both your previous address, as well the current address.
3. Since this form is to be mailed to Washington DC, do they notify CSC as well?

Here's my situation:
485 WAC 02-4xxxx for me and wife.
Since getting the EAD from CSC, my wife has temporarily relocated to another regional center jurisdiction. So what happens when we submit AR-11 for address change.

Any thoughts, help appreciated. I asked my attorney about this a couple of weeks and he indicated that submitting this will merely confuse INS. I don't know what to do.....

Still waiting for approval, FP scheduled and done in early April in Oakland.

AmitB