address change questions please

baby_mde

Registered Users (C)
Our I-485 is still pending and recently we have moved to another city. I understand that we have to file AR-11 form and inform USCIS about address change on pending application. Recently I came to know that we can submit AR-11 form online. In this regard I have following questions, please some one clarify on this?

1.If we choose online AR-11 form for address change, does this also change
the address on the pending application?

2.If yes, does USCIS send a confirmation indicating new address on pending
application?

3.I am on EAD and recently used Advance Parole to enter into US. In this
case what should I write at: ”I am in the United States as a:” and “Copy
Number From Alien Card”.

4. My spouse is H1B and recently used Advance parole to enter into US. In
this case what should my spouse should write at: “I am in the United
States as a:” and “Copy Number From Alien Card”.

We appreciate we valuable time.

1. No, it will not update address on pending cases
2/3/4.....N/A

I recently moved and sent AR-11 via mail and also updated via following URL

https://egov.immigration.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

Note that, after generating Ar-11 form, you will have choice to update address on ur pending cases in the "same session".

Initially, you will find some not so familiar form names ...like "400 or something". I said "NO" initially. So, I was not able to update my address. I did try again saying "Yes" to some form name. Then, in next page view, I saw option to update address on my pending cases. Repeat the same for your spouse as well.

I-485 address change is different from AR-11. In fact, you have to do a separate address change for each application that you have pending ... that could mean doing it for EAD+AP+I140+I485 if you have all of them pending at the same time.

I have filed both online AR-11 and address on pending application. It was easy and It took only 30 minute for all (3). It also provides confirmation numbres for both.

Changes address online is good

The online USCIS website lets you change the Address on the pending cases too... Trying changing your address on-line. I have recently change my address, it was very easy. USCIS also sends you a letter after few days confirming you address.

HTH,
Hudak