Address change question?

VipulGupta

Hi,
I would appreciate if someone can share their experience of changing there address after applying 485.

I am pretty close to getting the approval -
EB2
ID:8/25/00
ND:9/13/00

I have heard some horror stories advising against changing the address. Is it true that one should not change his/her address in between the processing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vipul Gupta
Detroit, MI

No Title

I have had some experience with address change at NSC. My lawyer sent NSC a change of address form (do not remember what the form looked like) a couple of months ago. I had the chance to talk to an IIO two weeks ago about the status of my case (RD 3/22/00, ND 4/13/00, FP 3/01, PD - 4/96, EB2 India). The IIO was curt and not very helpful, but I did verify that the address was changed to my new address.

No Title

I have changed my Address and have filled up the Cahnge of address form. However all the letters are addressed to my old address. Luckily my lawyer gets a courtesy copy of all correspondences hence it does not amke any difference. I did not face any problem so far and am very close to getting an approval.

Too optimistic

You guys are too optimistic. I think approval for RD 8/22/00 is not close but is going to take atleast another 3 or 4 months (this itself is a bit optimistic) with NSC already slowing down in July and the Audit coming in Sept/Oct. My guess is that the processing date is going to regress to May 2000 from 20 June 2000 in next month\'s report.

Address Change

I applied for address change and filled in form I-???. This all happened in the beginning of April and I received my approval in the end of May. No problem. All the letters are addressed to my new address.

Also, I called IIO and verified that address change took place.

Thanks,

No Title

Just called INS spoke with an IIO (long wait 25 mts) who was courteous and helped me change my address for all Cases (I485/AP/EAD) for my wife and I. I just could not belive this. Kudos to NSC center. The reason I called IIO was because I was getting anxious as to why I did not receive AP/EAD notices and as it turns out the post office sent them back as undeliverable. One other thing he told me my AP was approved 17th July for which I have yet to receive the notice.