Address change question

gkrishna999

Registered Users (C)
When I called to USCIS to verify my address they said they have new address but FP2 went to old address which I did know.
I used Attorney copy to gave fp. But today we received mail from USCIS it has AR11 form.
Do we have to send AR11 again . I sent AR11 long back.
Please reply to my message.

Hi gkrishna999,

I'm in the same boat. Used form AR11 long back and got the written address confirmation from USCIS but my FP2 went to old address. Now my case is approved yesterday but i'm not sure where my approval notice will go, Old address or new ???

Thanks,
SPEK

If you have already sent the AR-11 form once and you have proof of posting, then you don't have to send it again. Since you have already confirmed your New Address on your applications, you will get the further correspondence to your new address only provided if you have got confirmation about your address change from CIS.

spek said:
Hi gkrishna999,

I'm in the same boat. Used form AR11 long back and got the written address confirmation from USCIS but my FP2 went to old address. Now my case is approved yesterday but i'm not sure where my approval notice will go, Old address or new ???

Thanks,
SPEK

Where did you send form AR-11?

I had a similar situation. I received my FP2 with my previous address printed on it
along with an AR11 form. Later after a week I received another FP2 notice with my
current address on it and a re-scheduled date. However I appeared with the first
on the scheduled date and there wasn't any problem. I requested them to update the
address then and there and it was all done. So don't worry. All their systems are
not synchronized

Khan_bacha,
Same as gkrishna999, I sent it to the address on the AR11 form and called the USCIS; requested the address change. In the month I got a written confirmation form USCIS about the address change.

Called the USCIS today and verified my address, they have my new address on file and so don't know what to do if my approval goes to my Old Address? I'm going to request USPS to forward mails to my new address.

Thanks,
SPEK

AR-11 is DHS requirement (not USCIS). It does not change the addresses on yout pending applications (I-485, EAD, AP or whatever). To changes the addresses on your pending application you need to call/fax your service center where your applications are pending. From various posting, it seems to me that by calling toll-free number does not work very well. Lots of people complained that they called the number, changed address - but still USCIS notice went to old address. I guess there is a communication gap between toll-free national service and the regional service center (what's so new about it! when it comes to USCIS). So it's better to call or fax to the regional service center directly. For fax, send separate change of address sheet for each application.

As needhelp1 said, it seems that CIS will send the confirmation after you send AR-11 to change the address. I didn't know that. I sent two AR-11s before since I moved two times after require to tell CIS whenever the address has been changed. But I never got any confirmations from CIS. I thought that it was normal but isn't. Since I didn't get FP2 from my new address (got from lawyer), I was thinking if I need to send AR-11 to CIS again. What you guys suggest? Thanks.

I changed my address with INS in June 04. This week I recived my approved AP, which were sent to my old address and then forwarded to new address.

On the approved AP it says the new, correct address, but just the envelop had the old address.

Changing address involves sending AR-11 and also updating address against pending applications at CIS (by calling them). Whenever (Or most of the times) you change address at CIS, they send you an AR-11 form as sort of a reminder to you to send an AR-11. If you have already sent the AR-11, you should be fine.

Ok, this is what happened in my case.
Changed address 08/2003. FP2 arrived at old address, was resent to new address by INS.
Approval letter and kids Cards arrived at the new address.

gkrishna999 said:
Could you please provide Fax number

Find them in USCIS site http://www.uscis.gov for the office where your application is pending (if it's pending in VSC, you can send there). IIf it's transferred to district office, you need to send fax/mail there.