Address Change Question---Need Help

glenme

Registered Users (C)
I am waiting for approve for I485 application(FP was done Dec 14). I am going to change address in next month. I think it\'s Ok for approve notice because I can go to postoffice let them forward it to my new address(Assume it should be approved in 6 month and postoffice will forward in 6 month), also my lawyer will get one too.

My question is whether can I change my address when I get the passport stamp go to local INS after get approve?

Thanks Advance,

address change

My case is similar to yours. I am going to move next week. My corporate lawyer said that there was no need to update the address with INS (its not worth it!). He said that he will get a copy of all the correspondense so sit back and relax! He also said that they never update addresses with INS at 485 state. Note that I work for one of the biggest company in US.

No Title

Regarding plastic card, once your 485 is approved and you go to INS for passport stamping, then at that time you SHOULD let them know about your new address. Otherwise chances of ever seeing your plastic card are pretty slim. Regarding 485 stage, I was told by some friends that post office doesn\'t forward mail from INS as it says "return service requested" on the envelope. I showed my finger print notice envelope (which has ret. serv. req. printed) to the post office folks and they said that they would forward such a letter. They said that the only letters they won\'t forward are the ones that specifically mention on the envelope "do not forward". Personally I would have preferred to update my address with INS but after talking to my lawyer and post office folks, I have decided against it. I just don\'t have time and patience to run after INS. BTW, my brother did the same. He updated his address with INS at the time of passport stamping and two months later, he got his plastic card at the new address (VSC). Hope it helps. Best of luck and happy holidays!

Was able to change the address

I filed my I 485 in CSC in July and changed my address in October.
per my employer instructions sent a letter my self to INS .I also sent a fax to 949-389-3485 based on a similar discussion on this board.One of these worked as I got my AP and EAD approvals to the changed address.So far so good.Let me see what happens further