Address Change Question/AR11

bengalliboy

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus!
Moved to a new place after filing 485. Talked to the attorney about address change and this is what I heard:

I was told to fill out AA11 some address change form and mean while attorney will write a letter to INS mentioning the new address.

My question, do I really need to file this AR11 since the attorney says he is going to do so? Or, these are two ifferent thing? About AR11: Does my wife also need to file one if we really have to? Or is this some thing I am just told to do so, no other importance, sine all the notices will go to the lawyer? If I ignore this, will there be any hole to get into trouble? Thanks a lot for all the input that you gurus may probvide....[smile]

:)

Yes you will

The law is very clear... If you do not report your change of address within a certain amount of time you can be either deported or arrested, I dont remember.
Didn't you see this all over the news like 3 months ago?

I filed two changes of addresses of them one for my wife and one for me.. The attorney does not need to call anybody unless he wants to make some money out of you.. but the rule is to send the document and not to call anyone...
DO NOT FAIL TO Send it....
I got all my stuff sent to my new address thanks to sending this documents.. Don't fail to do it!!!! You might regret it.. Even after you obtain your green card you need to send this every time you move!!!!

I agree with Fernleon,
You should send AR-11 through your lawyer otherwise you never know, don not mess up with this stupid immigration guys.

Also call IIO ...

and let them know of your changed address. They can update the address immediately. Also ask them to repeat the address so that you are sure they have entered it correctly.