Address Change Issue

gc_fast_gc_fast

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I have a strange problem. I have tried to change adress on the 485 application at NSC but never recieved a letter of confirmation from them. I have already called them up thrice. Each time waiting for a month or so to recieve the letter, but no LUD no letter.
What might be the reason? And is their a way to check if the address has been updated or not? What should be my action, just call them up again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Did you fill the form AR11 with the Department of Homeland Security ? I believe thats the first step. Atleast if you do that you within 10 days of move you are on the safe side.

gc_fast_gc_fast said:
Guys,
I have a strange problem. I have tried to change adress on the 485 application at NSC but never recieved a letter of confirmation from them. I have already called them up thrice. Each time waiting for a month or so to recieve the letter, but no LUD no letter.
What might be the reason? And is their a way to check if the address has been updated or not? What should be my action, just call them up again?

Thanks.

I dont think so.

I did fill AR-11 within 10 days. And as far as I was aware, AR-11 has nothing to do with your applications with USCIS service centers.

me had same issue..me and my husband did the address change by calling USCIS on same day..within one month he got confirmation letter from them..i didn't get that.His LUD also changed..Me called them around five times..each time they tell that if I didn't get any response from them within one month I have to call them again like that..i wasted lots of time behind that..After the 5th attempt I got letter from them.my LUD didn't change..Still I am fine...Atleast I have that to prove I did my address change..

It's Okay!

gc_fast_gc_fast said:
Guys,

Thanks.

Now a days they take very long time to update the address change. When you call to change the address...first they collect all the information with new address and keep it aside. After few months some one will review and update the address then sometimes you may see LUD and after that you will receive the confirmation letter from USCIS for the address change.

I did called for myself in the 1st week of Nov 05 for Address Change and i received the letter in mid of Jan 06. My wife is also called at the same time and she didn't received the confirmation letter yet :)