address change info

FHN

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have a situation in which I had given a california address in my 485 application. About 2 years back I moved to Texas. I didnt change my address as the original address was still "accessable". That address is not accessable to me anymore.

I have been told that I will need to file an address change thinggy. My question is that does changing my address to Texas necessarily mean that my case will also get moved to the Texas BCIS center?

I have also changed jobs but havent filed the AC21 either. I was told that it is optional and can be provided if there is an RFE for and EVL or W2 or something like that.

Any pointers will be greately appreciated.

Regards
FHN

Better change your address ASAP.
CSC-->TSC transfer is unpredictable without knowing how that works - sometimes they do, sometimes don't. My wild guess is that they do transfer if application is in early stage. If your 2nd FP is done and your I-485 is "adjucation ready", they might not transfer it. Nothing is for sure. Probably instead of transferring to TSC, they will transfer it to local district office for interview.

Hi Pralay,

Thanks for your response. I have got a 2nd FP notice and it is on July 1st. Actually me and my wife have different dates 7/1 and 7/16. I was hoping that I could tell them that I needed to travel to Oakland so I may be able to get an early FP done.

My fear is that an address change to TX may also trigger a transfer of the case to the TX office. I wonder if anyone else has faced a similar situation.

Regards
FHN

WAC 02 250 / EB2
ND 8/2002

FHN said:
Hi Pralay,

Thanks for your response. I have got a 2nd FP notice and it is on July 1st. Actually me and my wife have different dates 7/1 and 7/16. I was hoping that I could tell them that I needed to travel to Oakland so I may be able to get an early FP done.

My fear is that an address change to TX may also trigger a transfer of the case to the TX office. I wonder if anyone else has faced a similar situation.

If you don't want to be transferred to TSC,

1. File AR-11 with your Texas address (in certified mail).
2. If you have family/relative/friend in CSC jurisdiction, provide their address as your "contact" address. Calll CSC and update them with your "contact" address.

That way, you did your part by filing AR-11 (which is a requirement) and same time you will be able to get all the I-485 related letter at your friend/relatives address. I don't think AR-11 address change triggers transfer from CSC to TSC.

Hi FHN,

My company is based out of CA. I started my 485 process with a friend's address in NC. When my friend moved out of that address, then I gave another address of my friend in Atlanta. My case still remained in CSC and it got approved the day after the Memorial day. My lawyer got the approval notice but I have not received the approval yet neither have my friend. While changing the address, I think there is a specific form which my lawyer had filed to CSC and in the mean time I went around the USA for 7 times and each time kept filing my AR-11. Now NC and GA both fall under Texas, but for me it never got transfered.

This is what happened with me. With you as you have changed the company and your current company is in Texas, I am not sure how you should proceed, but one thing that you could do it to get a permanent address of somebody known to you in CA as your address and also send the AR-11 form.

One funny thing that happened to me is that my 2nd FP notice went to my San Diego address, we never updated our 485 with our San Diego address but had updated INS through AR-11. So really not sure how the address change works.

no need to file AR-11???

I am moving to Texas to work for another company in 2 weeks, but my wife and my son are still staying in CA.

I asked my lawyer and was told no need to file AR-11 since my main address was not going to be changed. (I am the primary applicant). Is this true? Any advice will be appreciated.

wac021825xxxx
3EAD
3AP
no 2nd FP
no RFE

I guess that is true as your permenant address is of CA.

But I cannot comment on AC-21 as I do not have any experience about it.